Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Wonderful day hanging with mom. And then later with the artisan for lunch where we polished off two bottles of Spanish cabernet. Met her boyfriend. Really nice guy. loves her a lot. He has three kids and though both of them are madly in love they are really coming to crossroads over her not wanting to be involved with raising three kids that are not her own, even if they were her own, she's just not as into it as the situation may need her to be. that is real life shit there. its amazing how real life can come in to spoil a perfectly good fantasy. But in the final analysis, I see them working it out and staying together. I must say the guy made a really good impression on me. she would be lucky to have him.

I found myself very inspired by seeing him with his children. Made me feel all yummy and homey inside. There is that aspect to life. I don't come in contact with it very often being in the circles that I am in, but its there and the older I get the more I dig it.

Last screening: watched Dogma with the Artisan tonight. this is his best movie. Classic. Hilarious.

Current read: still reading a little bit of the Richard Branson biography each day for inspiration. This week someone called to offer a hundred and five thousand dollars for one of my new business ventures and not two days before I was just thinking how great it would be if I could get more capital for that one; I was reading the Branson book and paused a moment to think about this new business idea I have been developing for the last few years and just focused on it for a few minutes, created that I had the capital and the right partner for it and then bam like magic I receive this call two days later. To be successful at business, you have to be good at what you do, but you also have to acknowledge the part that a little bit of luck plays in it as well.

Dreams

I have never done that before. perhaps only a few times, where I could wake up and then decide to deliberately go right back into the same dream again. that was fantastic. The first time I woke up was 830, and then I woke up a few times in between only to go back into it immediately until 10! That's an hour and a half in the same dream. I am awestruck and filled with wonder. I have always been told that the longest dream you can have is 90 seconds but I do not believe it.

Perhaps it was not a dream, but more of an astral travel... no, just my mind.... I have always been led to believe that dreams are just our minds playing tricks and games with our ideas, notions, hopes, desires, and fears; working things out while we are asleep trying to make sense of things so we don't go insane.... this theory still makes sense to me. so I never question the meaning of dreams or nightmares. I just enjoy them. let my mind do what it needs to. but what can be said about a dream that lasts for an hour and half? Where you are able to transport yourself to a place over and over again every few minutes and go right back into the same world. that was quite something.

And the feeling that I awoke with from the dream was magical. Quite magical. I feel a profound sense of sunny peace and joy within me from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.