Friday, May 13, 2005

Listening to a little Robbie Williams, a guilty pleasure – I can hear Mohdie now, he would be laughing hysterically. But you know there's something I like about this light glitter-pop. For a second I sat and contemplated this new album we are working on and wondering if I should just go for making something real poppy and commercial.... perhaps if someone else was footing the bill... but at this time when so much of our own is being put into the creation of these great works of art, I quickly rethought the idle chatter and allowed it to leave my mind. When in the end if it isn't about making great art, whether poppy and commercial or grand and eccentric, then what is its purpose. And great art simply means doing what you love. Creating something that you will love and be proud of forever. my heart is not in poppy and commercial. Not now at least. In fact I think NIC fit that bill pretty well. I would like this next one to be more like a movie. Deep dark rich... hold on, is it a candy bar? Or a new album? But yes, something like that... simple at first, and yet complex underneath. This is what I am feeling now for it.

An unbelievable fickle season in New York. now it is cold again, like winter. Its 50 degrees again. and we’re in mid may. Goes back and forth every few days... Very strange weather we are having here. I'm fucking freezing all of a sudden.

What is love? Is it just need?

Last screening: ma vie en rose. Liked it. a seven year old boy thinks he's really a girl. Dresses up in girls clothes and wears makeup. Reminded me of me growing up. my family was so concerned. Drove my grandfather and father and step father crazy. I don't think they knew how to handle it. Went to therapists and everything. but it was just my sense of style. I never had any homosexual urges or anything like that. at least none that I would care to admit to. Always really liked girls, more than that even, loved them. too much probably. So there was never a problem there, (not that that would be a problem mind you, at least for me) but just really liked the female sense of style and fashion more than the male, which is getting better, but still not half as fun as what women are allowed to do with it... they have all the fun. sometimes when I am in the park I watch all the men walk by in their suits... so predictable, so the same, boring, conservative, unstylish, nothing new or exciting. no fancy hats or scarves or shoes. I am glad I do not have to dress like that. I would go fucking mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.