Saturday, November 10, 2012

Holy bejesus we just heard all these fierce animal howls and cries outside. It was clear our dogs were fighting w something. These were HIDEOUS sounds. We opened the doors and Alistair came runnin in scared half to death; but not Penny. I ran out and heard all this tumbling and crying. I knew Penny was in a bad fight. I ran back in yelling "Where's my gun!?! Give me my bow and arrow!" No dice. "Grab a pan!" my wife yelled. I ran and got two big sledge hammers and ran out to save Penny. But I heard all this hissing and fighting. Realized I needed more than hammers. I forgot i had mace right at the door. Two feet out and I saw a pack of giant raccoons sitting up on the railings on our deck and another fighting w Penny! I started yelling and slamming the hammers on the deck making loud gunshot sounds which scared them away. Penny finally ran in covered in blood & smelling like dead animal. Lesson learned. Don't not have a gun handy. It's too scary to be that vulnerable. Heart is beating a million miles an hour! I'm all for assault weapons bans but gun control is out of the question. If we ever allow the government to take our guns away, the only people who will have guns will be the bad guys and the rest of us will be sitting ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.