Friday, August 23, 2002

We went and saw Zach Zischin perform tonight at the wall flower gallery in downtown Miami. The guys from DC3 were backing him up. The sound was amazing in there. Zach was so good. I spent half the show moved and inspired and the other half depressed out of my mind that he isn't yet famous and for that matter the rest of us aren't yet either. I swear to God he was playing for ten people. And he was putting on a world class concert. Crystal clear. Gorgeous pop craftsmanship. So me and la Princesa
driving home and she is screaming at me, and hitting me, asking me why I haven't “made it” yet. And
I'm telling her I don't know. And she is saying we don't want it bad enough. I look at her for a minute with this look, and she takes it back. O.K., so you do want it bad enough. And you do work hard at it. and you have worked hard at it for fifteen years.

So yea I'm not going to get into this conversation now as were driving home. I'm going to go home and drink and write and just stay focused on the art itself. Just stay focused on the art and the work of it and the passion of it and the romance of it and the joy that springs forth when you are creating something pure and fresh and original. Try not to focus on the other stuff so much. Just enjoy the art of making this new album, and celebrate the gift and the joy.

Current Spin: The Strokes, Is This It? Again.
Last Movie: Eddie Izzard, Dressed to Kill. Brilliant. What comedians should be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.