Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Our record company has run out of money to produce the new album we are working on. People say the economy is bouncing back. I don't know if many have really experienced that yet. Fred, the engineer and producer, has offered to cut us a deal on the album, help fund it at a flat rate. A "no counting hours" rate, because he believes in it so much. He told us that he feels it could be the best album he has ever produced. So that felt good for us. But we still are coming up short with the money. Today I started selling stocks and other investments to fund the new album. Before this album is finished I will have emptied my retirement accounts. It is a big day, a momentous day, a grand day, a day to remember. I haven't been a struggling artist in a long time. I am one of the lucky ones. But I believe in this new album of ours. So I am willing to take the risk that later in life there’s not going to be any money sitting waiting. I worked hard to save that money. Now were working hard to spend it. Today is the day where I had to lay it on the line and look myself in the eye and ask, you really want to do this? Are you a man? Are you an idiot? Do you know what you are doing?


Current Spin: Trick Daddy, Thugs are Us. Dig it. Take it to da house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.