Saturday, October 19, 2002


Just returned from the Avatar pro course in Orlando. Took some notes. 475 people from 18 different countries, speaking 18 different languages, but all converged together in the same room to do the same thing. Creating an enlightened planet through making ourselves better people and happier people. You just can’t believe what it is like to sit in that space for seven days with all these people who are together for the same reason, and just be so free to work on yourself and help others do the same thing.

[This is some hardcore trippy new age stuff here so be forewarned...]
For a long time I didn't talk about Avatar to the public or to anyone. I just figured it was better kept quiet. That maybe people would think it was some kind of a cult or something. Now that it has gotten so big we joke, maybe it is a cult. But who cares. Lol. After all, there are only 90,000 Avatars in the world today. And look what happened to Shirley McClain when she started talking about her spiritual journey with people. But you know a lot of Christian artists don’t have a problem thanking God, or whatever, when they are on stage. Avatar isn't a religion by any means. It really isn't even spiritual. It touches on a lot of spiritual matters. But it's more of a philosophy if anything. Really more just a set of tools that people use to make themselves better people, make themselves happier. Like therapy really, but instead of one hour a week you go for twelve hours a day for seven to fourteen days straight so you are able to really push beyond any limits that are inevitable in current therapeutic modalities. The miracle stories you hear every day from people from all over the world are amazing. Now Avatar courses are being taken every day of the year, in every country in the world. So everyday more and more people are using the tools and waking up to the fact that we are all creating our own realities, rather than the ‘creator/fate/destiny/unseen forces’ theory that has existed for so many millennia in human consciousness. And the Avatar tools don’t necessarily negate or oppose or interfere with the ‘creator’ belief system if someone holds that one. It's just a nice added bonus.


So many amazing results. At one point I was on my hands and knees in the sand just feeling everything like I never have before. So grateful. So free. So happy. Laughing and laughing after discovering something I had in me since I was very young and then discreated it. Feels like walking on clouds. Processing all day and then all night. Only breaking for lunch and dinner. Maybe sit down and read something from a book.

Amazing. We are flying. Can feel everything like I never have before. When people get near me I can feel what is in their space for real. I can feel for yards and yards beyond my own personal space. When I feel other Avatars in the room, they feel empty and clear. We sit and smile at each other like little kids in an ashram in the East. Pure bliss.

The students help each other sometimes for five minutes, sometimes for an hour or more, they work on whatever it is and then they get even more clean and clear. We smile more.


With Dave from Australia and Christine from Germany

One thing I am noticing is my own natural tendency to want to create in the future rather than in the here now. I will create things that I want, but not address things that I am really currently experiencing right here in the moment. This is something I have been doing for a long time. So this whole course I have found myself very eager and willing to take what I am experiencing in the moment and really go at it. Intensify attention on it and find out what is really going on inside myself. It's amazing. Realizing that primaries can help and really manifest if the space is clean underneath first. It's a lot easier to create a reality when you know who you are creating it for, so to speak. When you understand what identity wants that and get rid of a lot of the other secondaries all over the place and in the way of it.

We are noticing that in our communication with others on phone or in email or in person or even with ourselves that we are being so honest that we are laughing. We have found this amazing honesty and realness in our communication and in our willingness that is almost not human. No pretense or desires or hidden agendas or fears or concerns of delivery. Just honesty and realness. It's dreamy and fuzzy and light and funny.

Another thing we are realizing is about resistance and creations. Resistance is that feeling that is in your space that tells you that something is not right. And it plays in your head or in your body like every couple of minutes. Like a repeating record or a movie. And for me personally I am realizing more and more that I am very used to living in that. But now I am discovering the value in intensifying attention on creations from the get go. Just starting to get real curious about them and start really feeling what you really feel and then what is there, and looking for unknowns about it, looking for the core. So maybe you have got stuff to do that morning but you still walk around in the intensifying attention mode on that creation, and then all of a sudden you are in the bathroom and you are like “holy cow! I got it! I had no idea I felt that way.” You know? And then it clears the space. And then you are free to create what you prefer or just discreate that priorly created reality… really cool.



 With Beth from Los Angeles and Nahal from Seattle. This is what the Avatar Course looks/feels like. It is definitely that whole love is in the air touchy feely good times vibe. But it’s a groovy scene and you make friends from all over the world.

I am taking these notes not at once but over the last seven days just little bits here and there. I just had this huge breakthrough about my band while just walking around and stuff and it was by doing intensify attention and then I came to another student in the final stretch of it and he smiled and guided me while I was just standing up and I was actually smiling the whole time while I was discovering all these unknowns I had and we both were smiling and then laughing and it really is like a trip. That's what it seems like. Just two beings like gods or something laughing at ourselves, laughing at humanity, just really enjoying ourselves and our creations and our silliness and funniness and uniqueness as we unravel the mysteries of who we are and why we are this way. We are at the table now as I am typing and he is writing and we are laughing so loud. Like big bowls of fruity laughter like little kids, like in the Living Deliberately Book, when everyone is just standing around laughing all the time. This is what it's like for us now. We could be talking about being abused as a child or people making fun of us, being a failure, not having money, or failing at a business, or a loser, or a bad kid, or being ugly, or any other “horrible creation” you can imagine, and yea there are some tears, but then they turn into laughter and then release and relief, and then joy and then real funniness. Like oh my God are we amazing beings or what? Like Harry Palmer said, “consciousness is funny.” It really is. 

We may be working on some creation like ‘I am jealous of people who are really rich’ or ‘I never feel like I have enough time’ or something and then we will discreate it, then all of a sudden the room will clear up and almost seem to get more silent and open and spacious because the person just cleared that creation from their consciousness.

We have gotten so excited by what we are doing. We are out in the real world too during all of this. I got an email from a friend after my birthday brunch and it said, "keep smiling Ed, because your smile heals." And me and my friend laughed realizing that the Avatar presence is real. That people notice it as a “healing smile.” They don’t know we are doing anything. They just know that “everything is great” when we are around.

On day nine I created “I am inspired and I inspire others.” And then my drummer came over and said “that's what's great about you, you are so inspired and that's inspiring to people…” and I didn't even notice it. So Agustin says to me, "did you hear what your drummer said?" And I was like, "no, but yea now I remember." And we both laughed. Cause our primaries are landing around us. You create it and then start to see the evidence of it around you.

So now we are starting to create primaries about spreading Avatar all over the world, all over our neighborhoods and our circles so things get easier in general for everyone. Realizing that it is happening. That every course that gets delivered in the world is easier than the last one for the students because more people in consciousness have already experienced it and are living it, and breathing it.

I have found that when you maintain this open space that anything is possible. Where normally you get defensive, you just keep the space open and just create what you want. It's up to us to create what we want in every moment. It isn't some random series of events that create our life experiences. It's us. in every moment. And our willingness to appreciate what we are creating and our courage to accept it, discreate it, if we prefer, and stay on course with creating what we really want.

Amazing to sit and be talking and then all of a sudden one of us starts to get into something, describing a feeling or a creation that we don’t prefer to be experiencing and before you know it we are already in an exercise right there, no matter where we are. The other student knows automatically to just start appreciating the other while the other one just opens up and starts talking it out, talking it through and pretty soon they are right in the middle of it finding unknowns and core creations that they have been resisting for years, or even decades. Then they discreate it and - wham! More freedom. More happiness.

To watch people so eager to really clean it up. It’s amazing because this can take place anywhere or anytime. We are living breathing creating machines. Living what we read about in the Living Deliberately book. Living the future of what humanity will be like when enough of us tip the scales and the whole of us are living like this. Clean and clear and totally ready and willing to take responsibility for our experiences. And on the other side, totally willing and eager to help the “others” of us to do this. In service to ourselves and to the other. We naturally take turns.

Often times during the day one of us will utter—usually between tears or laughter—“this is going to totally change my life” or something like that because of the magnitude of the creations that we are working on. Things that were so repressed or blocked that we had no idea that we were living through these creations. But there they were, we just had to look a little. And you feel so much joy for them and so much appreciation that they have the courage and the strength to work on themselves and be honest with themselves because they are helping to create a better planet. More real. More happy. More honest.

I cannot speak for the others in the room, but I feel lighter and happier than I have felt since when I first took Avatar seven years ago. More so though because now after all these years I am no longer scared of myself. I no longer have that blocked feeling or that apprehension of what I may find around the corner in my consciousness like I have lived with all my life. Now I am eager to see what is there and to let it go if I decide to. I walk around staring at everything and feeling everything. A little puddled. Need to reintegrate now a bit obviously.

No matter what feeling I get inside, or resistance, I have this realization that it is only resistance, and like we know now, it is because of the difference between the way things are and the way we think they should be, and this is what sticks creations. The way out of that is to re-experience them to become source of them. Wow. O.K. so what was that you were saying you were feeling? Haha. Like a loser? A failure? A weak person who gets taken for granted? A bad person? An arrogant person? A jealous person? You know you just start to laugh because you begin to see how easy it is. The way out. Pretty much everything I feel I realize we covered in the last seven days. So then I quickly discreate it in the moment and I am clear again.

Today we were really challenged by “the real world” starting to come into our lives again. And we realized how important it is to apply these tools to our real world everyday lives. If you are feeling something, go for what is really there in the moment. Rather than creating these primaries that are so far into the future that they don’t really affect your life as it is today. So yea. There it is. If you feel something, don’t get a drink of something or eat something or walk away or read something or call somebody or do something, but instead just start to look at it and process it and then wham, more free attention, more freedom. More lightness of being. More primary. 

Wow. So that was my time the last week. Really great. I think the closest I have ever come to being with God full time. With knowing that, that really exists. With that knowingness that all is well and we are all Gods and it is O.K. to be us just as we are. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.