Thursday, December 12, 2002


It's Christmas Day. The five nieces are opening up their presents like wild animals. Their eyes are glossy and I think I noticed them even drooling. They are all smiles. Jumping up and down and screaming "Oh my God! Oh my God." I'm kicked back with my guitar and my new cannon powershot. I woke up this morning, looked up to God and said good morning, Merry Christmas. He said, "Good morning to you. Go outside and let go of your fears and count your blessings." SO I took some time outside early in the morning and walked around reciting everything I feel blessed with in my life, enjoying the cold air and a very strong cup of java, I walked around the lake.


I am blessed with a sharp mind.
I am blessed with a kind heart.
I am blessed with an old soul.
I am blessed with an adventurous spirit.
I am blessed with a giving nature.
I am blessed with a small loving family.
I am blessed with a lot of friends.
I am blessed with a mission.
I am blessed with a good sense of who I am and what I want out of life.
I am blessed with a strong and fulfilling if somewhat confusing connection with God.
I am blessed with good health and a strong constitution, after years of this rock and roll life, I survived, I still have my brain and use of all my faculties, sort of... Now that's a fucking miracle.
I am blessed with financial abundance and a prosperous life.
I went on and on. All day I have just been focusing on all the things that I and the rest of us are blessed with.

Spoke with Cleopatra’s family tonight. Really amazing conversation with her dad, who told me he loved me like a son, thanked me for staying in contact over the last year and half. Really meaningful moment of the day. God I pray I will someday find another like that.

Current Read: An Open Heart, by the Dali Lama. Introduction to basic Buddhist principles. Very powerful but simple read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.