Monday, April 21, 2003


I just received a call from a friend. I knew why she was calling. A friend of ours was due to have a baby any day. I was excited to get the call. But she told me that our friend had lost the baby. It was born already gone. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock. I just sat there crying, silent convulsions. This person has become a dear friend of mine over the last few years. And I enjoyed getting to know her bubbly personality and especially the last year watch her grow and grow. She was very happy about it, well adjusted to it. so looking forward to it.  
I
 have been so bored the last few weeks. This news just rocked me. I'm walking around like ‘woe is me. Life is so boring.’ We’re not playing any shows lately and I get this strange kind of desperateness when I'm not playing out and performing. And then when I heard this I realized how stupid that is to walk around bored when there is so much to be thankful for and to celebrate. There is so much to do. Life is indeed short. And who am I to walk around all bored like life show me what you got. We have to make the most of it. she shared with me a very touching story that a midwife told her who had delivered thousands of babies over a fifteen year career. ‘Beings know who to choose for their parents when they decide to come in. Maybe they only need to come in for nine months. That’s their karma. That's all they feel they need. And they know what parents will be best for them in their co-creation.’ That's a beautiful way to look at it. Tonight I am going to this club to play and I was going to sing this new song ‘if your baby could.’ It has a whole new meaning now, this song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.