Friday, April 11, 2003


Out on South beach tonight with the friends, rather than the band. Nothing going on so I thought I would join them. They were like Fishy’s coming out? No way. Way. I figured what the hell, lets see what all this is about. CRAZY! Sobe has changed. Turned into kind of a ghetto. The seedy underworld. Hell on earth. For free for all who care to see first hand what that looks tastes and smells like. The music in the air is all about love these days. It seems that's what everyone is talking about. Looking for their true love, for their soulmate. But if they’re going out to bars and clubs, at least on South beach, for it, forget about it. I admit it's been a long time, but I was not prepared for what I experienced tonight. Love? Art? Joy? Beauty? Truth? Transcendence? None of that in bars and clubs man. Just a lot of drunk people stumbling around talking nonsense. Nothing of any substance. Saw a few violent fights on the streets. And a lot of very desperate looks in the eyes of humanity in it's rawest most primitive states. Finally cruised home about 4am. Put the top down, put the pedal down, and drove a hundred miles an hour down the interstate towards home, smiling. Happy to be me. Happy that isn't my life. It was a good reminder. Life is bigger than most people take it for.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.