Sunday, July 27, 2003


I am on my way to Austria. It is too hot in Italy. I am not going to Rome right now. Maybe later. I am going up high into the Alps where it is cold, like winter cold. I cannot take the heat another day. I will meet Manuela in Salzburg later. My laptop and my guitar are my most trusted companions as always. The new open D2 tuning is glorious. I have written the greatest thus far on it today. Very simple. Pure. Passionate. this is five or six now in the last four weeks in this tuning. This song will be in Italian. I believe it is maybe the first which actually sounds like it should be in Italian. The others maybe just working up to this one. 

Michelangelo took three years to make his statue of David. He ate and slept in his workspace, right around the corner from my apartment. He would only sleep a few hours. Wake up and work some more, and then maybe sleep a bit more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.