Wednesday, July 23, 2003


Spoke with Cleo a bit today online and for some reason it was a little healing, relaxing. I have had this stomach ache for three days over this thing. But hearing from her made things seem easier. Knowing that we both are going through it a bit. More later.  

Today I learned that over half of what are considered the world’s artistic treasures are in Italy. Compared to all the other countries combined. You could spend years here just going to see stuff. 
Made me contemplate, as an American, and with our country being so young, where are our grand works of art? where are our great treasures? Maybe more in music and literature I think rather than in the visual arts like painting and of course the beloved art of film! The new painting. Painting is one thing but film, that's another. I wonder what will be next great art-form after film. What will be the next great new art form?


Got another bike. White one. 



Last screening: more on the presidents. Learned about president ford, who wasn’t even the vice president as it turns out but who just took over when then vp Spiro agnew took over and then bam he gets pushed on to be president. His speech:
“I know you did not elect me as your president. But I hope you will confirm me in your prayers. My fellow Americans our long national nightmare is over. Our constitution works. Our great national republic is a government of laws and not of men.” Inspiring words by a man in a tough spot who tried to do his best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.