Thursday, July 17, 2003


Studying the renaissance. Fits right in the middle of the whole Italian history lesson. So that's where we are now. and the center of it was Florence. What an amazing city. This is no accident. I am in the right place to fully realize the freedom beauty truth love album. Tomorrow I start bel canto opera lessons. In Italy. This is fucking amazing. this teacher doesn’t even speak English. So we will sing Italian and learn Italian opera songs. I will be inside of it, as deep as you can get, mastering the techniques and the meaning of the lyrics. I rode around all night tonight drinking a bottle of wine. Going from one large open square [piazza] to another. thousands of people in the streets, drumming, singing, drinking, talking, hanging out. Tons of musicians in the streets. bagpipes, violins, guitars, singers. People dancing. And performing. Tomorrow I will take pictures and record whatever I hear that is cool for the album. the fucking Sony clie promises a voice recorder and then builds it so you cannot actually transfer your voice recordings to your PC. So it is worthless, that aspect of it. 

the electricity is out in our entire building, maybe the whole block. I am drunk and hot as hell. It is like a furnace in here. I am on the fourth floor. My laptop my only source of light. The windows are open and I can hear all the noises from all the other peoples little apartments all around me on both sides and up and down because everyone has their windows open. There is this woman making the most passionate sex sounds right now across the little alley, making love with her husband I assume. In other apartments I hear the dishes rattling and the people talking and laughing. My entire body is perspiring now, all over. and I have to lie down on my sheets and try to sleep. This heat wave sucks. 

But the city is so alive. I feel exhilarated being here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.