Sunday, September 21, 2003


Went to Madelynne O'Ryans house tonight for dinner. She and Mohdie are in town. Maddie is pregnant now. She looks so beautiful and sweet and happy. Mohdie is so cool now. You can tell he's really happy that she is preg. I felt such joy being there with them. Their family means so much to me. They have been my second family for a very long time. It is so nice. I have the same thing with Cleo’s family as well. And I really hope that all the problems between us don’t ruin that.

Hi Michigan,

Long time. How is the fastest pen (computer) in the west?
I have to take time to answer your email... so much. But I just read your response about downloading. wow. Ok. Babe,. just because we have discovered a way to steal stuff doesn’t make it right. And just because you (people in general) don’t like the "insert your derogatory expletives here about the" corporate types who own the companies we work for" doesn’t all of a sudden justify stealing from them or the artists they work with. I know you know this. You are too smart not to. But I know how easy it is to find the mind searching desperately for ways to justify stealing or other such acts when they seem really really easy and appear that we may not get caught for them. 




Morality seems to be a very random thing in a lot of people’s consciousness. based more on whether or not others will find out rather than a moral imperative within about what is right and what is wrong and how loyal they are to upholding that... the truth is that if you woke up tomorrow and all of a sudden 5,000,000 (current number of people sharing stolen files on kazaa (including myself) people found a way to force you to give them free massages all day and not pay you for it you would be pretty fucking upset I'm sure. as would anyone else. 

And of course we would all say as you did, Michigan grow up, massages should be something that’s given out of love not money. stop your whining! lol. funny but true. I cant tell you what its like now. And how much it has affected us. You just don’t understand being on the other side. How many people now that come up to you and tell you how much they love you and idolize you and they love your last cd and that their friend burned it for them or they have all the songs on their computer and listen to them all day long. And then you realize they haven’t even bought your album yet. It just sucks. Cause they just aren’t even making the connection that they are stealing from you anymore because it is so commonplace. And you can tell that they really do love you and love your work... its total weirdness... and sucks especially because we just aren’t selling as many cds anymore. No one is. It just really sucks. So please, try to understand what artists are going through.

On the screen: the famous original Breathless from 1960. I remember me and my little brother going to see the remake in the eighties starring Richard Gere. We were just little kids. This is a film that had such a tremendous impact on Beav and me. I think I unconsciously formulated an archetype of what it is to be a cool male from that film. Its cool to see the original. It is more than a novelty. It is poetry. “Between grief and nothing, I will take grief.” “Two things are important in life: for men, women. For women, money.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.