Monday, September 22, 2003


Saturday night...
Me and Infinito went to see Jorge Ben Jor in concert tonight. 
And then off to some sobe party...


Bas says “are you drunk? Cause I'm pretty wasted...” 
“I've been drunker. Can you say that? Drunker?”
“You can say whatever you want to man. It’s a party. Have a seat....” 


Last screening: The dream is alive, the Imax movie. Basically a NASA propaganda film to try to keep people inspired by the billions of dollars. You sit through 25 minutes of footage of various space shuttle launches and landings and in flight experiments and walk away with a funny feeling that America is wasting billions of dollars on something they call “the space program.” We hear everyday how over four million people have lost their jobs in the last two years. How there are over 20 million orphans in Africa because their parents have recently died from aids. How we can’t have health insurance here in America for all of the citizens. And the list goes on and on. And yet we sit through this stupid fucking movie showing these astronauts float needlessly in space doing nothing and spending billions of this country’s tax dollars on it. And yet we can’t straighten things out here on earth. Everyday on my way to the office I have to drive by countless bums and homeless people lying in the streets and gutters. But for some reason there isn't much that we can do for them either. But we have all this extra money for these space shuttles and space stations. Its funny cause I love the space program. I eat it up. I really am as obsessed with space and the exploration of space as I am with anything else, but I just feel like we need to give it a break for a while until we can really straighten out things here on earth first. I just can’t believe I live here on earth and things are as screwy as they really are. you see it everyday—things so backwards like this—but you don't believe it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.