Friday, October 24, 2003


We got an order for about 1200 CDs yesterday. This is great news. The radio campaign is underway. The CD is starting to chart in select cities. Everyone involved is very excited. I have made albums that have gotten a warm reception and I have been apart of albums that have just exploded because people were really excited about it. it is good to be a part of something that is exploding again. 

The company we hired---cdstreet---to host our shopping cart and provide merchant services to us so we could sell directly to our fans in order to make a higher profit rather than going through a distributor---it looks they have gone bankrupt. They have sold a lot of CDs to fans all over the country but are not shipping them out. They don't answer their phones. Uh oh. Its one thing after another right now. 

I spoke with the artisan today. I found out that a few weeks ago she told me this whole story and it was a lie. Girls and lies man. I just don't get it. I will never look at her the same way again. I could feel that in my gut. 

IRS emptied the bank accounts of one of the companies for back tax reasons. They stole over thirty-thousand dollars in the middle of the night. No warning, no precedent, no concern of the bad economy we are in and the struggle for American companies to stay afloat, no concern if checks were written against the money, just bam. Wicked beasts they are indeed. We just don't realize it till we hear about things like that or worse experience it for ourselves.

What a week indeed. Tomorrow is Saturday. I will work all day. Tonight I will drink till I cannot move and have completely forgotten it all.

I cannot stop thinking about the snow and cold weather. I need it. it is October here and it is still in the nineties. It is not natural. 

Current Spin: sleepy Jackson, Lovers album. check it out—cool retro eighties vibage but modern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.