Monday, November 17, 2003

Crazy day. one or two more days and counting. Miami is going to be a zoo. And so is my house and yard. I went to the convergence center today. Thousands of mostly college age kids, gloriously long scraggly hair and very smelly standing around and talking and making signs and banners. Had a meeting to discuss the how many people we could have crash at our house. We prob house about 11 of them inside and about twelve outside in the yard in tents. Yes I know, insane. But I am learning a lot about the whole free trade issue. It is like the sixties now in America. When there were all the protests happening all the time... its just that now we are a lot more connected through technology. To be honest I think the protestors and demonstrating orgs are more organized and more well equipped than the police. I don think they have any idea what is converging on our town right now. it is not like the old days....

Then went to the studio to record vocals all night with trophy wife. She also sang all the back ups on the rise and shine album. she is amazing. beautiful, sweet, funny, smart, and a great voice. Didn't need girl vox on the sleep with you album for some reason. But this new one definitely.

Just got home and received this in the inbox from James twyman. He is like one of these spiritual sort of traveling salesman of the soul so to speak. I copied and pasted this for a specific reason. There is a very big spiritual community that has been building in the world the last twenty to thirty years. maybe since the late eighteen hundreds with Madame blavatsky and theosophy and  Rudolph Steiner and anthroposophy and Krishnamurti and on and on. And I've been studying it, God more like obsessed with it for years. God and money. what else is there? o.k. sex and music. And love and family. Right? I mean that pretty much covers it. so check it. but no matter how much you study it or be it or do it and all that, I still have this doubt you know, but this very devout belief. I'm kind of stuck somewhere between Thomas Merton and Carl Sagan. Between Kierkegaard and woody Allen. Its crazy. so o.k. here is jimmy twyman saying that Jesus came and spoke to him and dictated to him. and you just wonder about things like this. I mean lets say it were true, well this would be quite something wouldn’t it? and if it were true and the church heard about it, I mean the various Christian churches around the world, that James was now speaking with Jesus and getting messages from him, well, one would think that that would be quite the miracle and people would be swarming around him, the media and such.

So it just sort of puzzles the mind when you receive these things or read about them. and we do a lot. Every few months right? some statue is bleeding or drinking milk from a straw or some apparition is seen floating in someone's back yard. Its crazy. and now James is taking dictation from Jesus. But you know, people say this all the time now and no one pays attention. It’s the nature of our times. People say oh yeah I'm talking to Jesus now and everyone’s like oh o.k. cool but did you hear about the new show with the Hilton sisters? So I just want to copy it here and just I don't know let it sink in. It would be nice to think this is really happening wouldn’t it? I mean, truly, it would be nice to even believe for a moment that Jesus or something like that even exists, you know? the older I get the less I believe in God, and yet at the same time the older I get the more I just accept that I just do believe in God. Call that what you will. The mind of a madman. But that's how it feels.
Here is his message:

“Where did the "Art of Spiritual Peacemaking" course
come from?

“Earlier this year, over 60,000 people participated in
the "Spoonbenders Course" and joined us in a
worldwide prayer vigil while I was in Jerusalem with
a group of about 65 Peacemakers. After most of the
group left I revisited the Dead Sea with about five
friends. (The spot we chose was very near where the
Dead Sea Scrolls were found.) There is a hot spring
there and I was floating there alone relaxing and
praying.

“Suddenly I had an experience that I could never
describe perceptually, but it was as real as anything
I had ever experienced before. I suddenly felt the
presence of Jeshua, or Jesus, with me and all around
me. I felt a strange communication taking place, not
unlike the communication I have often felt with the
Psychic Children. Jeshua asked me if I was willing to
form a kind of partnership, and share the deepest
level of peacemaking that has ever been offered
before. I didn't know how to respond at first, but I
agreed. He said that there would be 33 "Art of
Spiritual Peacemaking" lessons, and that each one
would be exactly 999 words long. (Amazingly enough,
as I wrote the lessons, there was always a point
where the information would suddenly stop, and as I
looked down I was surprised to see that I had typed
999 words. The surprise began to wear off as it
happened time after time.)

“Jeshua said that the lessons would be the Secret
Teachings of Peace that he had offered to the
disciples when he was alive, but which were not
offered to t he general public. He feels that this is
the time for all these secrets to be revealed, and
that is why the experience began.

“I have personally never written anything that has had
so much impact on my own life. As I wrote each
lesson, I felt it was specifically for me. Whenever
anyone would come up to me and tell me how the
lessons were changing their lives, I assured them
that I was getting just as much out of them as they
were.”

Trippy stuff right? I mean where do you draw the line with your suspension of disbelief when it comes to matters of spirituality? And also, do you believe James when he says he is talking to Jesus, or not? A lot of people believe the men in the bible—the Matthew mark Luke and John guys who said they talked to God, or were dictated to by God? Again, where do you draw the line? Being human is just total madness. At least until we get this whole God thing sorted out. So many unanswered questions still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.