Thursday, December 11, 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: little tree [mailto:littletree@xxxx.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 9:13 PM
To: fishy@transcendence.com
Subject: Fwd: ok here it is--the link

Hey there,
I scrolled down on that link you sent me, and quickly looked through the material; very interesting stuff to read and learn : ) When you said "maybe we can think of this next yr", what did you mean exactly? did you mean saying the prayer below or do I need to read it all to understand?
http://www.transcendence.com/channels/ia/ia_articles/history-thanksgiving.html

Hey there, No. I meant making sure that your kiddies know the real history of thanksgiving etc so they don't grow up and freak out like most of us Americans when they discover the truth...its good for them to know the real story rather than just the myths that everyone celebrates at thanksgiving. I remember one time you told me that your kids were dressing up like Indians for thanksgiving and I thought ‘uh oh.’ Because a lot of Indians don't really appreciate that too much as I am sure you can understand. Because I was raised in a very traditional family (like yours seems now) I was never told about a lot of the real origins and stories about American holidays and so when I grew up and started learning about them I felt very confused and betrayed by my parents and of course the government for telling me so many lies when I was a child. To a growing number of people all around the world now, especially in the Americas, thanksgiving is becoming an International Day of Mourning for the millions of people who were killed and who this land was stolen from---As well as a wonderful day to celebrate our thankfulness for our family, health, and friends. Just info. 
No big deal, just interesting stuff to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.