Wednesday, January 14, 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: xxx@xxxx.edu [mailto:] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 10:19 AM
To: Fishy
Subject: RE: dog, pooch, whatever

Fishy,
Good speaking with you and catching up.
Thanks for the advice. I need to do something.
What do you think is the best?

Later,
Slim


Slim,
O.k. listen dog. I thought more about it our talk yest.

Wayne Dyer is great stuff. Good to open up your eyes and stay on the path so to speak, like Ram Dass, brilliant, but not a lot of actual tools. Just great insightful messages and meditations from someone who really KNOWS.

Where as Tony's programs are actually filled with great tools. Exercises and worksheets and a lot of stuff that rally opens you up and can shift you.

[the best thing out there right now I think is Avatar as far as initiating real change in consciousness, and taking the load off. You have first hand experience with how I used to be in my late teens/early twenties, and compared to who I am now its just an astounding difference. As you know, I had pretty much tried/tasted everything I could to try to help myself figure out 'what is going on here???' all the drugs and therapy and doctors money could buy, and so much reading and studying and research etc... but just couldn’t get control of myself, or couldn’t get control of who I was being, rather than who I wanted to be. Taking the Avatar course did that for me. it is so powerful that you find yourself crying at some points from just pure gratitude that "oh my God, I'm back" you start finding yourself again. its just awesome. It depends on where you are in your life and what you're looking for. For me when I took it, it was 1995, I felt like really I had no choice, I just had to do something. life wasn't working for me in the way I knew in my heart that it could. You can check it out at www.avatarepc.com] 

But for something that you can just do at your house on your own time, I would say go for a Tony program. www.tonyrobbins.com Over the years I have recommended them to many people who always call me back later and say "DUDE I HAD NO IDEA HOW ROCKING THIS STUFF WAS! MAN I FEEL SO GOOD!" and now they're fans and have all of his stuff. so just go for it. cause the thing is that the position you are in is pretty normal. You know. we get there. but the thing is that a lot of people don't ever get to the point where you are. where they know they are there. they just keep plugging away. 'enduring life' rather than enjoying life. Whereas you are getting some insight into that things could be better and you want them to be better. So that's cool.

You're a great guy. And if I can help it would be an honor. You helped me a lot when we were younger men back in the college days.

Peace
F

I emailed the Wolf: ” I met Starhawk today. I am hanging out with her here in Miami this week. Tomorrow she teaches magic gardening. You should come down.”
Love, The lion

I did meet Starhawk. Back in the day she wrote a very famous book, the spiral dance. I won't talk much about it because like ten years ago I wrote extensively about it in the diaries. Her book introduced the idea of goddess worship and the wican religion to a whole generation. Me and the Wolf became instant fans. It really transformed our lives. There was a time of course that I was known as the lion. We would stand naked under the full moon light and raise our daggers up high and howl. Giving thanks to the God and goddess. The wolf is still heavily into it. last I heard he was a very respected high priest in a very prominent coven. Me, not so much anymore, since discovering many new and exciting things since then—I have become more of a human worshipper myself---but you don't lose your insight and that relationship you develop with the many female forms of the godhead concept. You form this amazing loving bond with the goddess/goddesses and it never really leaves you. So to meet her and hug her today was nice.

Leaving the building tonight, I got to meet a lot of new people from all over the country who have come down here on their own accord and at their own expense just to try to spread the word and raise awareness about the cause.

I ask this girl from Vermont who she is and she tells me something about justice in ecology and stopping the gmo foods and all that which she says is basically just crisis management at this point and that the big corporations have already won and we will all be eating genetically modified food in the next few years and not even be knowing. We will start dropping dead like flies and no one will be able to figure out why. Well at least that's the fear. Anyway she tells me she is here through some org I cannot remember the name of and that we are here in the media center to help spread the word, because we cannot win the battle in the streets, they have tanks and shields and guns out there, but we can win the argument because we just have to tell the truth. The problem is that all the big governments who are for the ftaa have a lot more money to contribute to buying the press and media so it’s a gamble to see how much we will actually get the truth across to the world about the dangers of this. but we will try. we will win in the ideas arena because we are right. but they will beat us in the politics and in the demonstrations in the streets on Thursday and Friday. Our job here is just to keep pushing the truth out to the world media to raise awareness and spread the word. I felt quite honored to be listening to her.

Everyone was very nice and sweet to me for donating the building and the phones and Internet etc for all these different groups to use for the five days. Someone says “Oh you’re Fishy. Well God thank you so much for this.” and I respond, “well thank you all for being the few in our age group who pay attention to all this stuff and actually do something about it, because most of us don't.” we all had a laugh. It was true though. They're like what? One percent of our generation who even have a clue about any of the causes that people are fighting our there? the rest of us are just so busy with our TV and football and rock and roll and our families and our love life etc etc that we don't even pay attention to it. People just figure that “someone else is handling all that” and tonight I got to meet about twenty of those “someone elses.” I felt honored and humbled. Half of these thousands and thousands of people will be sleeping in tents outside. I’ll tell you one thing; I drove away from there realizing that for the most part I am one selfish mother compared to a lot of these other people. They don't even get paid for this work. They just do it cause they believe in it. Without people like that throughout our history, humanity would be in a sad and sorry state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.