Thursday, April 01, 2004

Scientists discovered ten new giant objects they believe to be black holes in the andromeda galaxy this week. its awesome how far we are now in our research of the universe.

Bush held a little soiree today at the white house. signed a new bill that makes it a separate crime when a woman is killed or injured who is pregnant. Called the violence against unborn victims act. I agree with it one hundred percent. Me and Rosie are always talking about it. she is very pro-life and I am very pro-choice/life if you can dig that. Even though we both agree that as soon as a baby is conceived it is a living breathing being. That said, I am still pro-choice. Have to be. hard though. Real hard. Hard to get the whole thing and nail it down in your head. Only thing I can do is pray about it. and that makes it even more confusing.
God
Yes Fishy
Who are you?
I am you Fishy.
I know that. But do you exist outside of me?
I exist in all things.
Well what if there were no things in the whole universe. Would you still exist then?

So with the signing of this new bill many are afraid it will be the beginning of the ending of the great and final battle for women’s right to choose. Slowly, starting today, its going to grow into something very emotional here for a lot of people. And even though we understand it—for if my pregnant wife were killed I would surely mourn the loss of my unborn child just as much as my “born” wife----this subtle move has the potential to stir up a ton of mud in the ongoing debate.

I switch to the other side for a moment to play devils advocate with myself. I try to imagine what it would be like if I were pro-life. if I really and truly in my heart of hearts believed that there should be a federal law banning abortions of all kinds. That all women should be forced to have every baby no matter what if they should become pregnant.... regardless of what they actually want. I imagine what a world like this would be like... doesn’t seem too fair. But maybe I'm just brainwashed...

God?
Yes Fishy.
So you would still exist even if there were nothing in the entire universe. If it was just emptiness?
I am the universe.
What would be the purpose in that God? of just an empty universe?
Existence is the purpose.
So that's it? You would be aware of yourself. Of your existence. And you would be aware that your mere existence is the purpose of your existence?
That is the purpose.
That is your purpose now as well? To exist? Is that our only purpose too?
Life is the purpose. The purpose of life is more life. And the purpose of more life is life.
God?
Yes.
I wish there was more to it than that.
I know you do. so do I sometimes.
God, are you all powerful or all good?
I am neither unfortunately.
I didn't think so.
I am all life.
Good or bad?
Good or bad.
Don't you long for just goodness in the universe? I mean, when the lion is chasing the antelope through the savanna don't you just hope that for once the antelope gets away?
Then the lion would have nothing to eat.
O.k. fine. Well then don't you just wish that for once all those people that are starving in Africa had food to eat and houses to live in?
It would be nice.
So why don't you do something about it? If you are all life.
That is not up to me. Stars die. New stars are born. Life goes on.
You sound like an existentialist.

Last screening: Max. Hitler and max Rothmans story. EXCELLENT. Great dialogue and acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.