Sunday, May 09, 2004

Things are crazy here in America now. everyday a little bit crazier. Like we read about in science fiction books when we were kids. Its every bit as bad as they predicted it would be. everyday we are barraged with scenes of torture and abuse of Iraqi detainees by young American soldiers in our prisons over there. and now they are beheading us on live TV in retaliation. Our financial markets are going crazy. one day up and one day down. Economists warn of a coming recession the likes of which we have never seen in America. the country remains apathetic. The media continues to talk about it all as if it is just another day in paradise. No one makes a move. No one screams about the horrors we are seeing.

Vice president Cheney goes on TV today and says that the they are just getting us back because they “hate us and everything we represent...” I feel sick to my stomach. I look at him and his apathy. What do we represent Mr. Cheney? I think. we invade another country against their will, and against the will of the entire civilized world, kill tens of thousands of their civilian population, take 40,000 prisoners and by our own estimates 90% of them are incorrectly taken hostage, abuse and torture them in their own prison... I am thinking, again, what is it that we represent at this point? What are we representing to the rest of the world.

On the phone with Infinito. He asks me if I saw the beheading. I say hell now. that's not my scene. He tells me, ‘dude I'm afraid to go to Europe with an American passport. I can only imagine what they must think of us. all this shit... and that father going on TV and saying that his son was killed because of the sins of Bush and Rumsfeld... he’s right. what are we going to do?” “I don't know bro. I just don't know.” I answer. He continues, “It takes me back to when the first bombs fell on Baghdad and how mad I was. I can’t take it anymore. It just makes me so mad. It is going to take years to erase the damage that bush has done to our country. The anti-Americanism that he is creating. Starting with his statement about the axis of evil. And its only getting worse man... I don't know why we are doing something about.” “We are bro. Were going to tour Europe and we’re going to tell the world how we feel and make some great fucking music. that's what we’re going to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.