Monday, August 23, 2004

On the plane now. yesterday was glorious. Great weather all over the city. clear and breezy. Looked at many places. In the early morning bumped into Boo Boo Kitty by chance on the street. I thought she was still in Europe. she had just returned. She was just waking up and coming downstairs to get the paper. she came around with me all day looking at properties. We hired a car for a few hours and had him drive us through all these neighborhoods uptown that I had never seen. Morningside, Harlem, Washington heights, inwood, Bronx. It was fun and we learned a lot.

I may have found a place yesterday. Park avenue near grand central. I had this mantra going concerning my new apt: space light view elevator doorman roof deck. Say it fast three times. Well this place has it all except for the space. it can’t be more than 400 sq ft. but it has a 360 degree view of midtown Manhattan on the roof deck and everything else in my list. Huge windows with a southern view. Its good. both doorman and elevator man. BUT its small. About the size of a hotel room. and its midtown. What this means is that you don't get any of that old-school new York vibe that you crave when you go to new York. You get that new-school mid town vibe. All the fancy places, but none of the grungy places. You know I totally forgot to add neighborhood to my mantra. Now I realize I forgot something pretty important. Not that midtown park avenue is a bad address. Just not sure its right for me. will have to see.

But boy do I feel good there in that city.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.