Tuesday, August 17, 2004

We are all very excited at the moment. More labels are calling. More radio stations are adding superhero girl to rotation around the country. And we may get a cover on a national music magazine. Word is that were getting a showcase at the CMJ music marathon. Since we've been turned down by every other festival around the country for the last five years this could be looked at as a good thing. if we’re so good, the universe has a strange way of showing it.

I was in a bar tonight to see some bands. A girl came up to me, she was all over me. she is an ex-girlfriend of a good friend of mine. She pressed her body to mine. She whispered in my ear. She made it difficult to think of anything else but her in the moment. I was polite and I escaped out the back door. I made my way to a local ‘men's club’ and drank the night away in the arms of women I will never see again to shake the raging hormones set off by my good friends ex-girl. A brother is a brother and you don't mess with your brother’s girl, even if she is an ex. I have learned this the hard way. 

Last screening: French film, Children of the century. The love affair between George Sand and Alfred de Musset. Dig it. there was a line that was subtle and brilliant. “You are driving your friends mad.” “I have no friends. Tattet’s the only person who ever told me the truth.” More than anything else perhaps this one thing may be what we prize the most from people we would choose to call our friends. Telling us the truth at all times. Whatever that truth is. I found a mild obsession with George Sand lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.