Saturday, November 20, 2004

There is this DJ that I know; we always talk about working together. every now and then he calls me and plays his newest tracks over the phone. which I hate because I can’t hear the bass or drums. Funny cause the way it plays out is that he is always calling me at the weirdest hours and I never pick up. and I am always emailing him and he never responds. Tonight I couldn’t sleep and there he was calling at like 2 in the morning so I decided to answer the phone. had a great talk. And I asked him bro why don't you ever fucking respond to my emails. I hate the phone. and he's like man I just hate typing so that's why I always call. I realized something in that moment that sometimes you just can’t get it on with someone for no other reason than that you just don't have the same way of communicating. He's going to make a CD and I told him I'm going to have the band throw a whole rock thing over his house/hip-hop loops that he's so good at laying down. Make something just totally whacked and fresh that he won't even recognize his shit and we won't even recognize our band by the time we are done.

Still, as always, I am so inspired musically, but am just so fucking frustrated by being constantly limited by lack of money to record and promote our work. It can leave you very uninspired if you let it get it you. I swear to God I would sell out yesterday if I knew how, just so we could have more access to cash and resources to record all that we have in us.

last screening: caught U2’s performance on SNL last night. we had bumped into B at the party the other night and were very glad that they were to play SNL, and even happier to hang. they played it live, which is not so often the case in their live concerts these days, uh hum, but B couldn’t resist incanting the word ‘live’ a hundred times into the microphone to ensure the crowd that they weren't to be grouped into the same lot as whoever that girl was from a few weeks back. Of course the running joke has been for ten years when I am told that “you know who you look like?” which can lead to no end of frustration when after all you are yourself more than anyone else, unless of course you are trying to be someone else, then I would assume it would be quite the compliment. I drunkenly assured him that there will come a day when it will be turned around, and he will be the one hearing it all the time, rather than me, and we all had a laugh.

Current spin: Caetano Veloso, his first album from 1967, self titled. Amazing. very different collection of just about everything you can imagine going on at that time all rolled into one glorious masterpiece.

Current read: Transcending their lies by Gil Magno. A read about two pages a day with this one. but everytime I read it I find subtle wisdom and a fresh breath of beauty. Not for the faint of heart. he is an extreme radical in his world views. A great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.