Saturday, January 22, 2005

I am at the airport. I have been at the airport for three hours now. I am on a small plane bound for Charleston South Carolina. I don't want to go to Charleston South Carolina. I don't know if I'll ever want to go to Charleston South Carolina. I'm just trying to get to Orlando Florida. [I don't want to go to Orlando Florida either really. But my friends are there...] Yesterday I had decided to spend the weekend down in Orlando to dine with friends this evening and spend Sunday relaxing on the lake getting some sun and doing Avatar processes with everyone who is down there for the wizards course that's going on and which I am not attending this year. fly back early morning Monday and not miss a beat. Besides there is full on fucking blizzard attacking New York I thought. Better to get out of here.

Well the only problem was that a little less than an hour after arriving at the airport they cancelled all the flights to anywhere. Literally just turned all the planes away and told them not to fly into New York. we were all told that the soonest anyone would be flying out of New York was Monday. Like the rest of the shocked and discouraged passengers I politely started to pack up my things and face the fact that I was going to be stuck in New York City for days holed up in my tiny little apartment in a blizzard... I've never been a blizzard... not a bad idea, except that its already looking pretty horrible outside and people are saying the chances of getting a cab from the airport back to Manhattan is going to be pretty slim.

I thought about that for a second. Stuck at the airport thirty minutes from my apartment for two days in a blizzard. Could be a lot worse. They have TV here. plugs for my phone and laptop. Plenty of restaurants. I could even go sleep in one of those lounges tonight I'm sure.

Truly, the idea didn't seem half as intimidating as being stuck in that little broom closet they call an apartment I live in for two or three days straight. I have no food to speak of in the house. its small as hell. and its always fucking freezing in there. so I could try living at the airport for a while. see what that's like. Why not. Another experience.

But then it just occurred to me that as an Avatar -- I mean here we are with all this knowledge that we have collected and all these tools we have spent so many years sharpening and perfecting -- why not use them, it occurred to me that I would just create around this nuisance. I decided in that moment that I would go to Orlando. Blizzard or no blizzard. It wasn't a one hundred percent knowing... not entirely... but it was damn close to it. call it a ninety percent certainty that even if I was the only one who would fly out of New York city today that that would be the case. I would create magic.

In Avatar this is what is known as ‘being primary.’ Meaning, your primary is you go to Orlando regardless of what the situation looks like and regardless of what anyone else tells you. period.

Uh oh. Standby. We are about to try taking off.... and there is ice all over the runway...

O.k. I'm back. we are in the air now. attempting to manipulate this small jet through fifty mile an hour winds with zero visibility. When I look out the windows all I see is pure white. We are flying through the storm.

So where was I? yes. primaries. So if you are not familiar with the Avatar knowledge or tools, real quick, a primary is anything that you create; anything that is created. Walking across the room is a primary. Having a baby is a primary. Making a million bucks is a primary. Flying from New York to Orlando is a primary.

And then there are secondaries. A simple definition of secondaries is ‘anything other than the primary.’ Easy enough. If you want a baby and you cannot make one, that is a secondary to your primary that you will make a baby. If you are still broke while trying to create your million bucks that is a secondary. If you get to the airport and are told that all flights are cancelled due to weather conditions when you are trying to fly to Orlando from New York, that too is just a secondary. [when you take a step back and think about it for a second, God still not showing up after all these years is a secondary for all the different people over the world who have been trying to create a God. they want a God. they imagine a God. they visualize a God. pray to a God. they’ve even gone to the extent of creating a God and a name for the God and numerous religions around this God throughout our history and in hundreds of thousands of religious texts. Statues of God. pictures of God. songs and hymns to God. But still no God has shown up. but this is just a secondary. I assure you that if enough people get rid of enough of their secondaries... one day this God is going to come into being. The people are going to create their primary. And God will exist. the people will create him/her/it.]
So as the agents at the ticket counters and gates were telling me that I could not fly out of la guardia, nor could I fly out of jfk, nor could I fly another airline because all flights from this airport had now been cancelled... I just smiled at her... she was a secondary. Her insistence that there was no way in hell I was flying out of the airport until Monday, a full 48 hours later, was a secondary. And frankly, it didn't appear to me that she was really hearing me out. I was going to Orlando tonight. she just didn't get it.

So what do you do in the face of secondaries when they are blocking your primary? You discreate them. that's half the secret to being a fucking amazing creator of the reality you prefer, to living the life of your dreams. people think erroneously that creating things that they want is all about creating. So they push and pull and try real hard and pray and dream and visualize and chant and write stuff down and all that other ‘I can do this’ type of activity. When the biggest problem is that there are secondaries in the way. what they need to do is discreate their secondaries. When there are no secondaries, guess what? all you’re left with is the primary. That's the magic bullet that most people on earth still don't know about. you’ve created what you’ve wanted because you’ve discreated what was in the way.

In the concourse there were thousands of people in line. and one by one and two by two people started walking away dejected, back to get their luggage off the carousels to go spend three days in New York in the blizzard. Everyone was very upset and sad and disturbed and concerned with where they were going to sleep and all those other details that make weather delays such a daunting pain in the ass. all the monitors in the terminal read that all the flights had been cancelled. I sat down and drank some more of my coffee. I just really wanted to go to Orlando. I wanted to see my friends. I wanted to see Princess Little Tree. I wanted two days in the sun with friends using the Avatar tools and laughing and playing and creating magic. I wanted to get the hell out of this blizzard. I wasn't ready to start walking out of the concourse with the thousands of other people who were now walking back. so I sat for a while chilled like Buddha.

In a few minutes I started wandering around the concourse making small talk with people about the storm. Sipping my coffee, just enjoying meeting people. I was intent on leaving. And its funny because this is the way that primaries are created... if you're good, you can feel the moment when they create. You can feel the moment when you have flipped that switch inside that has somehow miraculously shifted reality. [if anyone ever tells you that ‘you’ or ‘we’ can’t create or change of shift reality, run fast and far. they just don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are never going to have a positive influence on you. that's a belief that doesn’t serve you if you are intent on ‘living deliberately’ or creating the life that you really want for yourself and for others.] so yes, I felt it, right in the moment, when inside I just decided to decide that I would not stay here after all and instead I would fly out of here. by this time the concourse was nearly empty. Twenty-three gates of emptiness, everyone on their way back home or back to their hotels, except for a few people scattered around. I looked on one monitor and saw twenty flights cancelled out in red, but I saw one blinking line that read “Charleston SC  On Time Now Boarding.” 

I walked up to the lady at the gate and the gate door was closed. She was Latin. The plane had already left and was parked out on the runway. I told her in my best Spanish, ‘I have an appointment tonight at eight in Orlando. I need to get there.’ ‘that flight has been cancelled sir she responded.’ ‘Oh I know,’ I answered. ‘what I'm thinking though is that I can get to Charleston and then from there get to Orlando. The plane hasn’t left yet I notice. Or even fly me to Charleston and then somewhere else and then Orlando after that. I don't care. Just get me to Orlando tonight. The blizzard is just here in the northeast. Its not all over the country. I just have to get out of New York.’ ‘let me see what I can do’ she tells me and she radios someone on her walkie talkie. A quick dash to the ticket counter, and then she types a few things and rushes me out the door.

To make a long story not any longer than it already has been, I am in the air now. out of thousands of passengers in that terminal I am the only one that got on a plane. the plane wasn't at the gate anymore. So the lady had to walk me through the blizzard in her little uniform skirt to get me to a bus and then take a bus with me to the plane and they lowered the platform so I could get on the plane which was parked on the runway. I hugged her goodbye and told her how much I appreciated her assistance.  Outside the plane it was like ... well... a fucking blizzard. You couldn’t even see a foot in front of your face. Here's the funny thing. There are only six of us on this little jet. Six people. I don't think there is a person on here that is going to Charleston South Carolina. I think we are just the six people out of the thousands who just decided that we were getting the hell out of New York no matter what.

As I boarded the plane I thought of all those thousands of people who are either in a cab or a bus headed back to the city now, or even worse, still standing by the carousel waiting for their luggage for a trip that they never even took; and I thought of the other ticket agents who assured me that I would not be flying out that day from any airport to anywhere. They said it with such straight faces. They were so sure. I was not. I just kept smiling and sipping my coffee. They weren't wrong. they were ably describing their view of reality. But I had a different view of reality. Its that simple.

It made me think of other times in life when people tell us that we can’t when we can, but we just may not know it because someone is telling us that we can’t, and all around us it appears that we can’t. and yet... you can feel it inside when you make that decision that you don't care what it looks like, you are going to make ‘it’ happen. you can actually feel reality shift around you. there's a lot of power in that but it is very subtle. That kind of power, the power to shift realities, the power to bend and shape and twist reality around you in order to create what you prefer is powerful stuff. but it is light and soft and easy. its not all smoke and lightening and strong winds and loud noises. That's the movies. That's not reality.

Wizards exist in the world invisibly. They don't dress any particular way or act any certain way. They don't carry around anything special, such as wands or crystal balls or walking sticks. In fact from what I've noticed, people who still carry this shit around with them in order to create are usually pretty limited in their powers. Real wizards on the other hand just have the secret knowledge in their mind, and the understanding of wizards and gods in their souls, the tools and techniques perfected over years of practice at their fingertips, and the willingness in their hearts to go against all odds and all ‘seen logic’ in the world in the pursuit of magic and miracles. I first learned the wizards materials in 2001, so I am a baby wizard to be sure. But now and then I surprise myself.

The pilot just announced that we just flew over Philadelphia, that all the airports in the northeast are now officially closed, and that we were the last plane out of anywhere. The flight attendant has filled up the entire tray next to me with enough bags of pretzels, peanuts, and cookies to feed a whole plane and told me to help myself since there are only six people on the plane. I'm chilling, sipping bourbon, and typing. [People think that wizards or enlightened or transcended masters don't drink bourbon... I'd say they should check their watches and see what time it is... gather some new data and restructure their consciousness in order to see what’s what. Wizards, masters, the transcended can do just about whatever they choose to in each moment. That's one of the first things you learn. There are very few rules to reality creation. That's the first rule. I think the second rule could be something like ‘if you don't like a rule, discreate it and create what you prefer.’]

Last screening: mark twain, the ken burns documentary. I had no idea how many great books he penned in his lifetime. Nor did I ever know that he was once the most famous writer in the world, one of the richest men in America at one time, and then filed for bankruptcy ten years later because he squandered all his wealth on crazy speculation schemes trying to make even more money. this is a great story. Real Americana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.