Sunday, January 16, 2005

I must say I am so excited about this. We’re in upper-state New York now, Rockland county, the lower Hudson valley. Towns like Nyack, Piermont, Sneedins Landing, Grandview... (of Bill Murray, Al Pacino, Bjork fame) Less than an hour outside of NYC. Totally rural, beautiful country-like landscapes and views of the river and mountains and forests. Northeastern vibe... and the best part is that its an hour outside the city. so a person could live here and get this really nice country relaxed natural vibe, and then still drive into the thriving pulsing city everyday for work; take an office there somewhere. Or even take the train back and forth, which is what I'm doing now.

This is really exciting to me. Because honestly the living in the city thing is not working for me. it just doesn’t feel right. its all about the feel. and as excited and inspired I feel by the city, I still feel something deeper and more profound when I'm outside of it; inside of me I feel a deeper sense of peace and calm. The city just feels too... off the top of my head... dirty, noisy, grimey, grungy, anonymous, harsh... I could go on, but you get the point... again, I love the city. just love it. but man, it really takes it out of me living there. it really wears me out bigtime. By the end of the day I am exhausted. And plus, you just don't get that really nice cozy warm nature feeling that you get when you are more in the country. imagine being totally nestled in the woods in a big wooden house overlooking the river and being less than an hour outside the greatest city in the world? awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.