Monday, March 07, 2005

Good brunch this morning with friends. Took it easy the rest of the day. studied French mostly. Still cannot get it under my skin no matter how hard I try. the other day someone in the studio was speaking in Portuguese. had been a while since I had heard it. was music to my ears. It sings to me. reminded me of what that is like. To be sung to because a language resonates so deeply with your soul. Italian does that to me as well. although I speak Spanish, I cannot say it has the same effect on me. and neither does French. just can’t get it to sing to my heart. But I will learn it anyway. The question for me is is it possible to learn a language for practical reasons and not have it sing to your soul? I guess I already answered the question, with Spanish. But it is certainly easier when the language has a profound effect on you when you hear it as Italian or Portuguese does. Even with the French music. just doesn’t kill me like Brasilian or Italian music does. I'm pretty sure I've heard it all now and it just isn't knocking me over. Its nice and all, but nothing spectacular. Would love to hear something spectacular coming out them...

Last screening: million dollar baby. Wow. No wonder. This really was the movie of all movies. You know, Clint could have easily taken it. Jamie did a great job for sure but now after seeing this... Clint could have taken it and justifiably so. he was that good. this is a must see. Of course you spend most of the second half the film crying your eyes out. the whole theatre was literally sobbing and I don't mean tearing. I mean audibly sobbing. Like shock. Very good. no wonder hillary took the Oscar. It was a no brainer.

Took a long walk tonight. lots of stuff going on. Needed to sort things out. nothing like a long walk down the New York city streets at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.