Wednesday, March 30, 2005

We are at the very beginning stages of humanity’s ascent toward recognition of its inherent divinity. Will not happen in our lifetimes but we are seeing the beginning stages of it.

Dying to create music right now. DYING. No, make that LIVING. Eating sleeping breathing music again. its all I think of. Falling absolutely in love again with WORLD MUSICS from everywhere --  morocco and Ghana and Mali as always, and now Iran... still digging ivano fussati, Francis cabrel, serge gainsebourge, Caetano, and Jorge Ben Jor to name a few. Just totally obsessed again. again trying to find a way to blend my love for glam rock power pop new wave seventies rock R&B hip hop and world music all together to find something that will satisfy me as a fan and as an artist and make me feel like I am doing IT, pleasing myself, fulfilling my goals and dreams as an artist. I am tired of trying to fit in with what's going on at this point. Now I am just entirely obsessed with pleasing myself as an artist and as a listener. If I have to listen to one more straight ahead rock resurgence or power pop or hip hop album I am going to shoot myself in the head from pure boredom. Thank God for cats like wilco and beck or the beasties because they are at least trying to go out there, but I want to go way out there.... way more out there... but do it in a cohesive way that fits it all together... don't know if I can do it just with the guys in the band. I don't think they are with me on this... but we will finish our current album and then who knows... I have to be able to please this urge within me. its not like were rolling in cash doing what we’re doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.