Monday, May 09, 2005

There is a man here they call the Bushman. He squats on the busy sidewalk near the wharf and hides behind these two big branches from a bush that he holds in his hands. You are innocently walking along minding your own business thinking you're walking by a bush, and all of a sudden he jumps out from behind the bushes and screams “aaagggghhhh!” at you. you freak out and jump three feet. And then he stands up and laughs and says ‘the bushman got you. you gots to pay the Bushman. And he passes you a can to put a dollar in. you do it because well, he did get you. and you enjoy watching him to do it to hundreds of people all day. and he makes a fortune doing this. fucking classic. Only in frisco. If this guy was doing this in New York, they’d either have him arrested or he’d be famous by now. have his own show on TV. And eventually a show on Broadway.

But we do see signs. I mean, that's real. There are signs. You see a pregnant woman on the street and it makes you feel a certain way. and if you're open, receptive, clear, clean, you can gather certain data about what the universe is offering up for you. maybe. A big maybe. ... how do we discern between what are real signs or just our mind playing tricks on us? I mean, after all, we experience thousands of things every day. how the hell are we supposed to know what's to be  gathered and what's to be tossed aside? o.k. I ask it as I type it but the answer comes to me before I finish typing. The truth is that its always going to be up to us how we perceive things... or whether we even take something in to perceive anything at all or just brush it off. Tony Robbins once said that everything is either an inspiration or a warning. Yes. a big yes. and you know, in the end, its up to us if we get inspired or warned or we just don't even notice at all.

Man have you ever noticed how brown Indian people are? they are almost black they're so brown. I wonder what causes that? research. What causes this skin pigmentation to be different in different groups of people... Indian women are beautiful. I love that thing on their forehead.

Also, why was generation x called generation x?

-----Original Message-----
From: jazz 
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 2:26 PM
To: fishy 
Subject: Re: sartre

Relief!! Otherwise it would have been a long song. One of my favorite long songs is by arlo Guthrie. Alice’s restaurant. What’s yours? And then Melanie made a reference to it by singing about Alice’s restaurant serving an animal cracker pizza. I love all that sort of tomfoolery.

Jazz, You are tomfoolery personified.
I performed alices rest as a freshman in drama class....
Favorite long song you ask? Of all time, would have to be street hassle by Lou reed. If you like music as literature this is the one... either that or anything from the first three Bruce albums.... back streets or jungle land.... classics.

HEAR THE LATEST :: transcendence - somebody killed the DJ
 ::  transcendence - I wanna know ya
 ::  transcendence - caetano

Whenever we go to a new place, it seems big to us, hard to find our way around. After a few days, a new place seems very small once we get acclimated to it. perspective.

Still dealing with the impermanent nature of the present incarnation of my relationship with Princess Little Tree, or whatever you call it. going insane from it inside. Really just the only way to describe it. breaking into little pieces. Wrenching. But I have gotten an amazing story out of it. I call it ‘coming is going, happy is sad.’ I pour my experiences into it. all the emotion and the stories  and the pain and the joy and the timelessness of it. and it helps dissipate some of the charge. Just writing it out everyday. See the signs Fishy. be a man. See the signs my brother. as the King constantly reminds me, ‘how does it feel? pay attention to how it feels...’

I stood at the edge of the window. We’re only on the fifth floor of the hotel. I opened the window and I looked down and imagined how I would get down if I had to... I thought about those people that jumped out of the burning buildings on September 11th. I imagined what it would be like right now here in this moment if this building was burning and we had to get out. I thought about what we would take with us. I was naked, standing there staring at the window. I suppose I would try to throw some clothes on I thought. Grab my laptop, maybe some colognes and vitamins and some clothes, you don't need any clothes man, just grab the laptop and get out of there.... but how? I guess we would have to tie some sheets together and try to shimmy down... but then what? what happens when we climb to the end of the sheets and we are still hanging hundreds of feet above the ground? I pictured it? what then? do we just drop to the ground? well... I guess that's why they jumped out of the windows... because if you are standing there and you are looking down to the ground... and behind you is this fire coming at you... I got chills thinking about it. you just jump. You hold hands and you jump to your death and you thank God for the life you lived on your way down and that's that. and you move on if you ever wake up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.