Friday, June 03, 2005

Synchronicity and recent coincidences:

Bought a few cigars the other day just to try, ones that I had never smoked before. last night in the Steve Zisou documentary the actor Cassale goes into a store in Italy and buys a box of sancho panza and says they are good old smokes. I commented that I had never heard of them. maybe they're just sold in Italy. Tonight I lit one of those new ones I had bought and looked at the label and sure enough it was a sancho panza...

Last night as I was lying awake I thought of this guy Chris from French class who I haven't seen in a few weeks since I am not registered this semester. Wondered if he and I will ever stay in contact and hang as we said we would. Today I bump into him literally on the subway. Crazy.

Watching the Steve Zisou documentary and there is an interview with mark mothersbaugh from devo because he does all the music for Wes Anderson movies and I am reminded that my first girlfriend in high school Vicki (you may know her from the song ‘girls’ from the sleep with you album – it is true that she did give me my first hicky... I hate to admit it but that song is a true story as depraved as that may seem.) her mom dated mark back when they were in high school in Ohio so that's why I thought of her. Well you guessed it, yesterday I receive an email from none other than the famous Vicki. Tomorrow we will speak for the first time since high school.

Got the idea for a character called ‘fact checker girl’ for the TV show. A girl who is hot and sexy in a school teacher kind of way and really smart who can play my counterpart. Someone who knows all the facts and can fill me in. I emailed this girl I know, Beka, from the activist scene. She calls me the next day and says that at exactly the same time she got my email she was explaining to her boyfriend that she is tired of traditional activism and would like to be an actress and try to reach people that way. that she almost dropped off her chair when she received it out of the blue like that.

Great stuff. this is the universe laughing at us, or with us.

Last screening: Dr. Strangelove. Couldn’t get my mind around this one the first time. I think you may have just to take it as it is. see it a few times and dig it for what it was back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.