Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well this isn't going to be the Bahamas...


We are less than two weeks away from this trip... not enough time to write much now. We are being bombarded by an absolute ton of information in something known as Civilian Diplomacy Training as well as the usual assortment of basic info, book and movie recommendations, and the like. I am find myself at once overwhelmed by the sheer amount of material i need to put to memory and the reality that I am actually partaking in such an adventure -- the event made all the more intriguing as dubious news pieces continue to come across our American airwaves and international news media about US/Iran relations...

I also find myself extremely humbled once i got a glance at the bios of the other American delegates who were chosen to go on this trip. Not a rocker in the bunch except for yours truly. Each of them entirely successful and well rounded individuals in numerous and various fields of activist, volunteer, philanthropic, NGO, and civilian activities. I find myself often wondering "why me?" and "How can i possibly add anything to this already stellar cast of individuals?"

I also find myself very humbled and honored by the generous donations and contributions that have been coming in from people in order to make this trip possible. I am so humbled by it, so honored, that it makes me take heed of every word i say, every thought that i notice in my mind, and every action i take, for fear of dishonoring one of those who donated for such a noble cause.

more later. i will that i will do my absolute best to do whatever it is that i am supposed to in this newest venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.