Sunday, May 04, 2003


Went to see the movie The Politics of Fur, part of the Miami gay and lesbian film festival. There was enough gay men kissing to make me squirm like I was in a dentist’s chair for two hours. But that's not the funny part. Because of the title, I thought it was going to be like an activist film, you know politics and anti-fur campaigns. So the whole movie I'm waiting for something to come up about furs and stuff. but nothing. In the movie there was this baby Tiger. So I thought it was maybe about the Tiger since the Tiger had fur. By the end of the film I was like what the hell does this movie have to do about fur? Well it was a lesbian movie. So finally half way to my car I realized. I looked at a lesbian couple that were walking next to me and I said, “the politics of fuuuur. I get it now.” and they were like, “duh!”  

Later that night I had dinner with the guys. There was this beautiful girl sitting at a table across from us. and I couldn’t stop looking at her. She was gorgeous. But she wasn't holding her fork right. it was all wrong. it was like she never learned. She was holding it like a child. I couldn’t get it to make sense. Was that alone going to hold it up for me? the guys were like go talk to her. And I was like, no way man. Look how she's holding her fork.”

Current read: Live from New York. History of Saturday night live which is a really fun read. Still reading Peak Evolution. This book is amazing. Studying the history of the worlds greatest fashion designers now too. Up to Giorgio Armani. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.