Thursday, May 08, 2003


Went to see this amazing documentary called 1 giant leap. These guys traveled all over the world with a laptop and a video camera and recorded all these great artists performing over the same tracks all into this 32 track recorder in their laptop. Features tom Robbins, ram Dass, Kurt Vonnegut, Dennis hopper, Michael stipe, and many other singers and players from over 25 different countries. Awesome. What an idea. An absolute morsel. 

I have started to really be able to focus a lot more lately. Ever since that discovery and acknowledgement of the whole ADD thing. It was like once I noticed and accepted it; all of a sudden I am becoming aware of the patterns of it in how I work. I noticed the other day as I was filling out a form at the vets for my cat (she has trouble writing) that I would normally fill out the first line and then skip all the way down to the bottom line and fill that in and then go back up to the top somewhere and fill something in and space out a bit and before I knew it I was taking like twenty minutes to fill out a simple form. So I just deliberately willed myself to fill it out from top to bottom like you normally would. I have never been able to do this. I just didn't know what it was. I think becoming aware of something, you know, acknowledging it, is the first step to changing it. From there its just using your will to deliberately make the change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.