Saturday, June 14, 2003


In the studio all night trying to record drums for Bored. 

Tried a lot of different electronic sounds. Couldn’t find anything that worked. Although Vancouver recorded amazing guitar tracks. Layers and layers. Its either totally brilliant or complete cheese. I don't know yet. 

Verena wants to come visit. She asks me why I am acting a little bit hesitant. I tell her, ‘can you not tell that I am a little confused right now when it comes to girls and relationships? I don't even know why you would want to come. I think its crazy. I'm stuck somewhere between wanting to be James Bond and shag every girl I meet and Father knows best and settle down. And you you're looking for Father knows best. For God sakes, you’re June Cleaver! You don't want to do it with James Bond.” “sorry but you are definitely not James Bond. And I'm not June cleaver. You don't even know me! and who says we’re going to do it?!” “Well you think you're going to come hang out with James Bond for three days and we’re not going to do it?! Its an insane game I'm in right now. Its totally crazy. I’m having some kind of an identity crisis. Trust me you don't want to play this game. Not until I can figure out what the rules are.” She’s coming anyway. 

The thing is that she is a great friend. I love her. I tell her, “This sucks. I can’t believe this. I am going to lose another really good friendship if you come.” “Why do you say that you are going to lose our friendship?” “Because I know. I have been through this a lot in the last two years. I juset cant get this dating girls thing right. it would be different if you weren't hot. But you are. So I'm going to be chasing you around trying to do you. And you're going to be what? Telling me to stop. And why? Cause we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend so eventually I'm going to wear out and give in and be boyfriend and girlfriend just so I can make love to you and then what if that doesn’t last forever? And then wham! you hate me.” “Well what if it does last” she demands. “Well that's a whole different story. But if it doesn’t then we’re fucked. You hate me. And we lose a great friendship.” “Well I'm not having sex with anyone unless we are boyfriend and girlfriend....” she says. And then, “...or unless I am not attracted to them.” I'm like, “what?!” did you just hear what you said?!” and you wonder why guys think girls are crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.