Sunday, June 01, 2003


So its June already. Wow. Great brunch today. Improv comedy troupe last night, and then a few clubs in the grove. 

When i think of the Little Tree and her marriage and how much we love each other sometimes, I mean we go in and out of it for obvious reasons, and others before her, it helps me understand why when I think of marriage it just feels like a trap. I'm not against monogamy or anything-my heart longs to meet the woman of my dreams cause I've had both now and I would say that the relationship experience is way better than the hanging out with lots of women experience. And if you find someone that you love that much that you just really want it to last forever God that would just be awesome. I think that's why people celebrate so much when their friends get married. Its kind of like a miracle when someone tells you “I think I found the one.”

But I just think that what I notice a lot is that people once they hit that five to ten year point then all of a sudden they just really want out but then they feel trapped like they have to stay in. Not all the time. Ducky and mark, Beaver, slim and sera, they are all still together and seem really happy, so I guess its just you know a certain percentage. Statistics show that its about half that end in divorce, and that's what I've kind of noticed with my friends so far. more actually. about a third of them seem happy that they are still together, and about two thirds are already divorced or on their way, or just trying to grin and bear a marriage that they really aren't happy in any more. So I guess my point is, looking back and looking forward, for me personally, my view again, is just why not tear it all down and kind of reinvent the whole concept now. kind of turn it into the 21st century a little now that we have all this new information. Start marrying in five year increments. I think that's more realistic. I promise to love honor cherish you for the next five years with an option to renew for another five years if we’re both still happy and fulfilled as people blah blah blah.  

The other day G2 tells me that he is in love with a married woman and what should he do. I told him he had to be a man and just say no. and of course in a way that just sucks. Who wants to be in that position? A lot of times men or women will tell you that they aren't happy in their marriage to try to get you to hang out or fool around with them, but because of the kids or whatever they have to stay married, but only an idiot would fall for that. That’s like a bad made for TV movie. And that's my point. If we had it set up right in the first place, that kind of scenario wouldn’t be so prevalent among us, but unfortunately it is. And that's because we just have this whole “married forever thing” totally wrong right now. people make it out to be some kind of a taboo or major faux paz if they get divorced. Maybe we should change the terms of the whole thing and then their wouldn’t so much divorce. I don't know. its funny though, cause as I write this I still find myself completely obsessed with finding this ideal I have in my mind of the “the woman I am going to marry.” Funny.  
Last Movie:  the American president series.
Current Spin: Rage against the machine, battle of Los Angeles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.