Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I called Bloopy immediately to tell him the news. “Its for real man. Its happening.” “I thought we were going to stay indie man? Indie or die. Remember?” “Yeah I know. But bro to be honest, we’re running out of money. We can’t fund this thing forever on our own. We want this as bad as we don't want it. You know?” “Yeah. I guess. Are they going to release sleep with you the way it is now?” “Bro, I don’t know yet. There are a lot of ideas floating around. I know they're pulling Minnie Driver more up to the beginning of the CD.” “Man that's not good. That’s the worst song on the CD... our careers will be over before the CD hits the shelves...” “Look, we may have to just do whatever they want with this man. Its better than what we got now.” “What about nothing is cohesive? Did they talk about it? They aren't going to change it are they?” “Didn't say. We’ll see. They liked it. don't worry man. This is a good thing. we can make videos and go on a real tour for once.” “We always said we wouldn’t sell out.” “I know man, but don't look at it as selling out. Look at it as buying in. We got a chance here to play a bigger game. I say we buy in for once.”

Tonight I celebrated with a cigar. A montecristo exclusivo. An expensive cigar. Now I understand why smoking a cigar is so wonderful. Why it is such an amazing experience. It has been some time since I smoked a very expensive cigar. The five dollar ones are one thing. mildly enjoyable. But the ten dollar ones are just amazing. and the twenty dollar ones? Forget about it. they are an almost orgasmic experience. So smooth and delicious and yet strong and bold, with many flavors. God I cannot wait till I can afford again to never smoke anything that costs less than ten to twenty dollars per... Crazy I know. But worth every penny.

So I smoked and reflected on where we are now as a band. Wow. I have two big hopes in my life. Two big dreams I have carried with me since I was very young. One is to play for large audiences that love my music as I do---that give me as much love as I feel for the music we make. And two, to find the woman of my dreams, the love of my life. to finally meet her and hold her in my arms and thank God for her. To cry a thousand tears with her over our gratitude for at last finding one another in this big lonely world.


il ambasciatore says:
when will you leave for France?
G2 says:
it's the best of both worlds
il ambasciatore says:
my god your poor mom...
G2 says:
3 weeks tops
il ambasciatore says:
i am so sorry you are going through this...

G2 says: it will only make me stronger
il ambasciatore says: si
il ambasciatore says: God I'm sorry I cannot buy your laptop with no problem. I am so broke, I need to make money again. This is not like me. I have to make money like i normally do. if there is one thing I cannot stand it is to not be rich
G2 says: I know man, I totally understand
il ambasciatore says: I hate it because i still support Bas a little and I feel so bad some weeks when i cant buy food for us like we are used to it... makes me feel like not a complete man—not being able to support the people around me as I am used to. when he complains that we have no food because he eats a lot more than me and i don’t really eat that much so i don’t mind... but he needs a lot of food... and now I cannot buy as much... 

G2 says: you are a fakir
il ambasciatore says: what is this? fakir
G2 says: those guys in India that sleep in nail beds and feed their spirit only
il ambasciatore says: lol
G2 says: food is materialism for them. this is you. always working. Always living outside of your body.
il ambasciatore says: si. But I still need to start making money again. this is insane.

Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work. Genius is not born. It is made. Do the work.

I find it hard sometimes to work day in and day out. never resting. Just always on the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.