Monday, January 19, 2004

Self Obsessed

"the role of the revolutionary artist is to make revolution irresistible"

Vancouver goes entirely insane. Decides to tour with the Latin singer. we decide from now on he will be our Brian Wilson. Find someone else to tour with for now.

Trying to study Einstein’s theory of Special relativity. Having to read the same paragraphs over and over again to understand. Need to take some course or something where they can draw me diagrams and show me pictures. Try to initiate some contact with the left side of my brain.

Hung with jazz. She looks in the mirror and says oh my what a beautiful work of art you have there. oh never mind its my reflection. Laughs. we talk about how completely self obsessed she is. oh don't worry jazz, I think plenty of people are that way. look on our website. Half those pictures of me I took myself. If you look closely you can see the camera. don't worry you have along way to go to get as self obsessed as I have become over the years. I have perfected the art of self obsession. “I'm such a mystery to myself” she says. So I am just always so fascinated by me, she says. We agree that it can become quite an obsession. Having this love affair with yourself. But after all if one is to become obsessed with something, why not have it be yourself. She can’t stop looking in the mirror.

When people have kids they start becoming obsessed with their children instead. you can always tell people who have kids. [at least those without nannies] because they never look quite as good as those without kids. They start sporting that ‘just thrown together look’ everywhere they go. in the grocery store to buy some coffee ducky goes for the ground coffee and I'm like what the fuck why would you buy it pre-ground? Grind it at home. I have three kids fishy. I don't have the time to grind coffee. I thought oh my God, remind me never to have kids will ya. Jazz is lying on the bed explaining that she is her own child.... I'm the same little girl that I was when I was four but now I am older and have to take of that little girl... only in America can we be so completely vain and selfish and somehow find a way to get away with it in our own eyes and the eyes of others. Now she's off to France for three months. Our airwaves are now filled with reality TV starring people as self obsessed as everyone watching wishes they could be. 

Four of us, four different people in three different countries working on the band website all day today together... so cool. all of us communicating through email and msn simultaneously. The technology revolution in full swing.

Went to South beach tonight on a date. Cannot write about it. yet. But South beach is a cesspool. Its no wonder why everyone closed up their clubs there. in the old days Madonna and sly Stallone and anyone who was anyone lived in the neighborhood. But those days are long gone now. everyone has left now. its just so dirty and hard to stand even for brief moments.

Current Spin: Madonna new one American life. really starting to like it. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.