Tuesday, April 06, 2004

The King called this morning.

Duuuuuude.
Duuuuuuuuuude.
What's up bro?
Not much. What's up with you?
The usual. I was just writing. What are you doing?
On my way to work. Dude you never stop writing.
I know. can’t help it. What time is it out there?
Nine.
Wow. So early. Dude, does work suck as much as I imagine it to?
Worse. You just waking up?
Nah man. French class. Had to wake up early unfortunately. So where we at?
Good man. Just feeling my way through. Laughs.
Yeah I know what you mean. Laughs.
Small talk....
Been studying the peak evolution book a lot. Watching for flow events.
Yeah good idea. Forgot about that. hate it sometimes.
Why?
Because what if something you really want just isn't flowing? According to the theory we are supposed to take that as an evolutionary sign from the universe that it doesn’t flow and move on.
Maybe. Or maybe just shift gears a bit.
Yeah. Cool. I like that. so what's flowing for you?
A lot of cool things. I'm going to Houston to meet with a new management company. More money. more shows.
Cool. the best of both worlds then.
Yeah but its still not enough.
When is it? laughs. not now anyway. not until we’re flying our own private jets man.
Fuck that. let someone else fly them. we’ll be in the back. making plans for noble goals and grand schemes.
Yes the noble goals. I remember them well. universal health care. Prison reform.
Equal rights for same sex couples.
No more political sell outs.
True campaign finance reform.
Mass enlightenment for the whole planet.
Reforestation.
A new computer every two years for every man woman and child.
I don't remember that one...
Yeah I just made it up. But wouldn’t that be cool?
Good one dude. Free college for all African Americans.
Free college for all citizens!
Yeah even better. Freedom for Tibet.
And northern Ireland.
And Chechnya.
And Venezuela
And Cuba.
Man we have a lot of work to do...
Yeah. Dude, we gotta make some money. big money.
Yes. well we’re on our way. except I'm broker now than I was five years ago.
Yeah me too. the fucking dot com crash.
Well those days are gone man. We have to move on. So where are we at now?
Looking for the signs. Just really trying to widen back and look for the signs.
Dude I totally know what you mean. Sometimes I just look up to the sky and I'm like God just fucking tell me what's what here!
I know. like, o.k. I get it. just throw me a bone God. Jesus.
Dude. I've been thinking a lot about that lately. And what I've been realizing is that we spend all this time talking to God or the universe and waiting for some answer. And maybe there isn't an answer.
Bleak bro. That's bleak.
Well maybe there is no one way.
Yeah maybe its up to us. I mean, what if either way we go its cool? like what if no matter what we decide to do in each moment we can still get it our way. maybe that's what God is trying to tell us by not answering us.
That no matter what we do we can still get it to work.
Yeah, like infinite possibilities.
But only to a certain point....
Yeah, but maybe not. Maybe its all just right there for us, no matter which we go. in the long run.
No moral imperative? No right way... survival of the fittest.
Yeah. I mean as much as we seem to desire some sort of moral imperative... God doesn’t seem to operate with one. all seems pretty random. Good and evil. Evil and good. cosmic bobsy twins. maybe its up to us.
I've been watching a lot of dean martin lately. All of his old variety shows from the sixties.
God I love dean martin.
Yeah. He was so relaxed and at ease on stage. as if nothing could bother him. he could go either way in the moment. Just doing his thing. I want to be more like that.
You'd have to drink a lot more. laughs.
We need more of that dude.
Yeah. More dean martin and frank. Where have all the deans and franks and Sammies gone man?
I don't know. we don't have any now. your average entertainer has the shelf life of three years these days.
If they're lucky.
Yeah.
Entertainers are so uptight these days. I don't want to be that way man.
So don't be. you're not anyway.
You don't think so?
No. not at all. I think you're pretty laid back. dean martin of the two-thousands.
Well you're the Frank of the 21st century then.
Thanks. I wish. O.k. dude gotta bail.
Dude, it was great talking to you!
Yeah you too. Love ya man.
Love you too bro.
Later
Later.

Current Read: Studying history of Cuba, Castro, Che, and guantanamo bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.