Monday, September 06, 2004

In the last two days I have looked at apartments with Chevy Chase and his wife and kids, ridden an elevator up ninety floors with Donald trump, seen a black squirrel – for real. They exist. I've witnessed mobs of huge rats running through the subway rails, HUGE; I've seen blind people crossing busy streets on their own, rescued a girls keys out of the sewer with a magnetic-antennae I just happen to carry in my briefcase, and I believe, although I cannot prove it, I have met and interacted with at least one person from every country in the world at least once or twice. I have helped old ladies cross park avenue and given numerous dollars and French fries to homeless men who sleep on just about every corner in the city. New York is an amazing place.
   
I also notice that when I see women walking with baby strollers that it makes me feel good, kind of a mushy goodness, whereas normally up until this time in my life it elicits no feeling at all except perhaps dread. now I feel all mushy when I see them. the biological clock they call that.

Bush is on fire. I don't know if Kerry has a chance anymore here in America. If you caught any of his speeches... Last night I caught a replay of his poplar bluff Missouri speech and yes even though he makes a lot of weird comments like “all the obgyns that are out there aren't able to be giving the women all their love...” whatever the hell that means... and even though he makes way too many grammatical mistakes to be in a leadership position, and yes I know that many people claim that he isn't actually in one, but still... I have to say I think it was one of the best presidential speeches I have ever seen or heard or even read. I just think he was amazing. his delivery was something that I don't think Kerry will ever possess. I'm not saying that that is even important to the role of commander and chief but by the time he was finished speaking I was so captivated by the guy that I was thinking of voting for him. he has tremendous momentum right now. and as much as I find his policies deplorable I am finding his campaign inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.