Thursday, November 11, 2004

Went on a blind date tonight, but more like a double date. Good times. good conversation. Insane time actually. Can’t speak about it.

Anxiety still rather high here. need to take about a half a valium a day to deal with the culture shock of it all. I don't really take valium. I suck on them like candy to get it into my system faster before I die from anxiety.

A few observations. We are reaching the zenith of the politicization of America. Politics are becoming headline news. like entertainment to us now. not just a few old men sitting in dark smoke filled rooms as times past. Perhaps actually it’s our first Politicization as a people. Perhaps it’s the first time we have ever woken up to the real power of us, and realized how limited in other ways our power really is in the system we have created.

Also, at dinner, blurted out as I had the realization that we are now in something that can best be called the age of personal expression. The personal expression age. The logical natural child of the information age. We are knee deep in it now. we can make a reality show about anything and people will find it interesting and entertaining. People would rather watch real people expressing themselves than fake people pretending to express themselves. Its about time.

There is this store that I frequent that refuses to play any other TV stations besides Fox news. now I haven't watched television in years, but sometimes I am forced to notice it if the volume is up.... I remember when Fox first came out as the alternative fourth network. Back when we were kids. Their content was so disgusting, so silly, so lowest common denominator that no one took them seriously. a few years later and I cannot believe that there are people, some people, that not only take the station seriously, but actually watch it. things like “the Scott peterson trial” and Geraldo rivera and their whole pretend news channel that they have, the red state zombie channel.... it is so fake, so opaque, so propagandized, and so partial, so staged... holy shit... I am aghast while watching it. there are some real morons in this world... it is truly scary and I must admit while typing this that I find myself quite nauseous and frightened for us and for them. at this point they are like pigs being led by leashes and collars to the slaughter but they just have no fucking clue yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.