Friday, December 17, 2004

Believe it or not, I am now stuck in Las Vegas till who knows when. All flights to Oregon got cancelled due to bad weather. after a five hour flight from New York they made us wait in this line for two hours to inform each of us of our own little predicament. I may be here till Saturday! I am literally stuck in las Vegas, Nevada and have no way to fly out of here. of all places, I guess it could be much worse. Plenty to do here. Crazy. all shoots in Oregon tomorrow morning need to be cancelled. this is totally nuts. It is now 5:21 am my time. I am exhausted and cold and hungry.

The whole time I was in line I kept finding myself getting really angry and then I would pace around a bit there in line and ask myself ‘o.k. so this what's happening. Have to make the best of it. what is the message here? what can I do here? how can I make the most of my time here? I may have to spend two days and nights in a town I had no plans of even seeing let alone spending two days in. wow. O.k. have to make the best of it. where is the luck in this? how can I make this work for me?’ these are the thoughts that occupied my mind. I must say that I found this way of thinking about it exciting and inspiring rather than frustrating, which is what I could tell all the other hundreds of people waiting in line with me were feeling. Some people were literally screaming they were so upset. And its not as if I don't have plenty to lose. Our first shoot for the show was scheduled, still it, for ten am tomorrow morning and I am supposed to be in Eugene Oregon. so this is going to cost the production company thousands of dollars. And me as well. the airline does not pay for our hotel or food or transportation while we are stranded here because this is a weather situation and thus outside their control. But I could not get upset. I have just learned over the years that it will get me nowhere. Have to find the positive in this and make it work for me.

Also another thought, since I am sitting here enjoying a late night smoke, or early morning, depending on how you look at it. in this one book about business I am reading it details the benefits of good partnering. Asks you to make a list of all of your strengths and weaknesses. So you can get a good idea of who you are and who you need to partner with in all of your different projects. I had no intention of making this list. Thought it was a waste of my time. but....

Socializing with one of the secretaries at the office I rent in Manhattan earlier today I saw objectively how good I am at that. at socializing. Its like this gift for gab and for putting smiles on peoples faces. O.k., great. And a light bulb went off in my head. And so then I asked myself what are one of my weaknesses. And I immediately thought of how bad I am at completing tasks by deadline. I am a severe procrastinator when it comes to menial tasks. Anything that has to do with focus or long detailed work, I am just no good at. I looked at the stack of paperwork on my desk that has been sitting there literally for over a year. and then I found this folder that contained I swear to God over five hundred pieces of paper that I had taken with me to my family’s house LAST Christmas. And I am still not done with it. never even opened it all year. and so yes that is a weakness of mine. Have trouble completing things. not good. unless...

Next step? Have to delegate. Yes it is true, delegating anything in my current financial situation seems at this moment entirely impossible. But I must find a way to make it happen or I will surely drown in these minor details and never get to where I want to. never will have the time to accomplish the major tasks. So by Jan first I will have the solution to this temporary quandary.

Created a great primary the other day that feels better than any I had ever created before: ‘I have all the money and everything else I need to fulfill all of my dreams and those of many others.’ feels great.

Stuck in fucking Las Vegas though. Wow. What a fucking crazy thing this life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.