Thursday, December 16, 2004

Today it was 20 degrees here. so cold you can’t really walk outside without feeling very uncomfortable. No taxis to be found. That's when they make all their money. your legs feel it first. You notice that your legs are actually cold. Hence long johns, or long underwear. Then it hits your face. Your nose and your ears start hurting. Snowboarding in the cold every year for a few days is one thing. but living in this day after day for months straight is another. People assure me that this is nothing, very mild compared to what we are going to get in January and February and march. I am still in shock I think that people actually live this way. I keep finding myself asking myself if one can say that ‘why do people live like this? don't they know about warmer states?’ but the big apple is the big apple. As the Stallion reminds me all time, when we are speaking that is, ‘hey its Gotham. Where else are you going to live Fishy?’

Last screening: the jack Paar collection. This is the collection of the best of the old jack Paar show from the early sixties. Life was SO different. He was the host of the tonight show before Johnny Carson who was before Jay Leno. And you always hear these men who came after him speak of him with such reverence and esteem, like he's just this awesome person that they hoped one day to be like. And you really see it when you watch him. What an intelligent well mannered and well spoken man. I am studying him right now because of our own show. Studying anything I can get my hands on really. Getting in on the old and the behind the scenes stuff. I must say I have really enjoyed this series. Interviews with all of these wonderful old stars who have now long since passed on, the likes of Richard Burton, Bette Davis, bill cosby, Judy garland, and this amazing person by the name of Robert morley from the UK who has got to be one of the wittiest men I have seen or heard.

Watching jack Paar the last week has revealed to me how much our country has changed over the last forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.