Thursday, December 02, 2004

I wake up. madly typing away, taking notes on scenes for the show, chugging cups of coffee. mom calls early to ask how to do something on eBay. An hour later I call the pups to tell her how lucky she and her baby are that she is home with him everyday, raising him, helping him raise himself. If all children could be so lucky. the world would indeed be a better place. a few minutes later rockaway calls to ask me to play him a bunch of world music songs over the phone for a new project he is working on. ‘dude just real quick play me like your top ten.’; dude I'm too busy. ‘ ‘ o.k. your top five then. send me a list of instruments I should use. I have combine world music with techno.’ Dude that's easy. take Paul Simon peter Gabriel, jarabe de palo, Cesare Cremonini Ali farka toure Caetano Veloso and mix it with aphex twin art of noise and the Bourne identity soundtrack. It’ll sound killer.’ ‘o.k. thanks man. Hey by the way I met a chick.’ No way realy? Dude that's awesome. what's she like?’ dude I always thought I wanted Pamela Anderson but she's more like ally sheedy. Holy cow man that's great. Finally. That's what I've been telling you. dude you can always go buy a Pamela Anderson in the middle of the night if you want one. but what you need at home is a good woman with a sharp wit and a good heart who’s going to take care of the family. You know what I mean man?’ ‘yeah I do now man. O.k. gotta run brother.’ And then I call Beaver to get a tip on how to make a paragraph on Microsoft excel. Yo bro what's up man? Listen I'm in a meeting so I'm going to say this real fast,’ he whispers, highlight your cell, go to format, click on the alignment tab, and check the box marked wrap text. O.k.? o.k. man I gotta go. talk at you later.

Technology has changed everything for us now.

A shooting day. production meeting. Good progress.

And then off to the dentist because my friend Boo Boo Kitty was getting a tooth extracted. She had no idea what she is in for so I told her I was going to meet her there. and also that she couldn’t do it with just Novocain no matter what the dentist said. This was a massive molar with three big roots. So anyway I show up. dentist says its going to be five minutes so I call a car to come wait outside for us. We hang in the waiting room for a the first few minutes till me and the camera man hear her screaming. So we run in there and this guy is trying to yank her tooth out with a pliers basically, like they do, and she is all tensed up and screaming. I had already given her a valium. And half a vicodin; and she had probably five shots of Novocain but to no avail.

I introduce myself as her brother so they let me stay in there. this went on and on for another half hour. every few minutes he would try to pull the tooth and she would start screaming and the dentist would rip off his gloves and walk out of the room frustrated. I would go out into the hallway and try to talk him back into giving it another go. I whip out this little bottle from my pocket filled with different colored pills and give her another valium, Just suck on it under your tongue I tell her. The surgeon tells me, ‘you can’t just give her a pill like that. that's a controlled substance.’ ‘Look man do you want to finish this job or not? She's a Princess. She's not used to this,’ I would tell him and he would just look at me funny, like I was crazy. ‘now come on lets try it again. c'mon doc, she can do it.’ and then he would put new gloves on and try again. and the whole time the camera guy is trying discreetly to shoot the scene. We go on like this for another half hour. one root at a time. she's squeezing my hand like crazy and screaming. The dentist is shooting more Novocain into her than I have ever seen. maybe another five vials full into her mouth. He is swearing there is no way she can be feeling any pain and she is screaming that she is still feeling pain. she's getting upset. He's more than upset. The patients in the waiting room are freaking out because she is screaming so loud. I'm trying to explain to him ‘look she's not like a normal person. she's a little kitten. She's Boo Boo Kitty!’ He's just looking at me like I'm a freak. Of course for every valium I give her I take a half myself because by now I'm freaking out. She gets up again and says ‘I just can’t do this’ and by this time most of the tooth was out. so I reach into my pocket and pull out another valium and this time the dentist is like ‘yes give her another valium.” Now he doesn’t care what I give her. he just wants to be done with it. its been over an hour and a half. Now c'mon boo boo he's telling her, you can do this. I just have to get one more root out. please try to relax. By this time she is so relaxed that she's like drooling. This guy keeps asking me, what are you some producer or film maker or something? all you entertainment people are the same. You all carry pills in your pocket. What is that about?” hey thank God for it doc in this instance huh? He must have thought we were a bunch of crazy peeps. but it worked. The tooth finally pulled and of course Boo Boo Kitty was zonked out. What a crazy scene indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.