Sunday, December 12, 2004

Still sore as hell. Can’t move without being in the worst pain all over my body. I couldn’t get out of bed today without moaning. Couldn’t even see straight. I was up a lot more than down the last few days but still took some gnarly spills. One point yesterday I was riding toe side like a bat out of hell down a black diamond which I hit by mistake and started going too fast. I got scared, jerked the board heel side too quickly, got snagged on something in the snow and went straight down on my back and hit the back of my head so hard that I blacked out. I saw my whole life flash before my eyes and then a few minutes later I woke up with my hands behind my head holding my skull and two people standing over me with these big eyes like I was dead or something. ‘are you alright man?’ they were asking me. I couldn’t speak. I just laid there holding the back of my head in my hands. I was seeing stars. My brain felt like it was shaking inside my skull or something. it hurt like a mother. My whole body hurt. I felt blood swelling under my eyes. i looked up at my companion El Luce who is the son of my brother’s wife’s uncle whatever the hell that makes him but we call each other cousins and I asked him ‘dude is there blood on the ice?’ I couldn’t move. He looked all around me. ‘No man, how do you feel?’ I leaned over and spit a big spoonful of blood out of my mouth onto the white powder next to me. ‘There is now,’ I said and laughed. ‘holy shit, dude you're bleeding inside. I'm going to go get ski patrol to carry you down the mountain. Wait here.’ ‘No way man. Then I won't be able to board anymore. Fuck that. just let me lie here a while.’ we sat there for a while and eventually I got up. I took a few more Advil, guzzled an energy drink and we continued on in our day. But I'm still spitting up blood today unfortunately. crazy.

Be it known from here on out I'm going to start wearing a helmet. Makes sense. Last year I cracked two ribs and except for slight breathing difficulty and extreme pain it didn't really bother me. and all the soreness in the world is worth the thrill of the ride down those mountains. But when I fell on my head yesterday and felt like I had split my skull wide open I had this realization how lucky I have been the last few years. if I'm going to get the most out of the sport and really go for it I need to protect the old noggin. I don't care if I break my arms or legs or fingers in a million places, but my head... no way. fuck that. I could have been fucked up forever from that spill. Chances are I have a concussion. In fact, I definitely have a concussion. After we learned what that is. Supposedly its when you damage your brain so badly that it bleeds and swells inside of your skull. That's probably what the blood is that I am spitting out. But in all honesty I feel great. I was lucky. Just sore as hell.
---------------------------------
My oldest niece, Jadine, is 13 years old now. she is sprouting like crazy. wears all this make up and all of a sudden is very well endowed. I'm talking like a 25 year old woman endowed. Beav and I took her out with us today and every guy we pass is looking at her like she's this hot piece of meat. Its crazy and gross. They have no idea she's only 13 so we pardon their stares. But it really freaks us out. so we told her mom tonight that we need to have a talk with her. the old ‘don't let them drink the milk if they don't buy the cow talk. She agreed to let us have the talk with her. I told her how when my little cousin Rosie got to about 15 I had that same talk with her and now she's like 22 years old and still hasn’t had sex. I warned her about every thing guys would say to her to get her to have sex and how important it was for her to hold out for her husband. over the years all through high school and college she would write me letters and tell me how right I was with all the different tactics the boys would use to get her to sleep with them but how she always held out and how happy she is now that she played it that way. that always made me feel good.

Me and Beav were joking around tonight about it. I told him that I cannot believe I spent all my junior high and high school years doing anything I could to get into girls shirts and into their pants, and now as an adult I am doing anything I can to stop boys of that same age from doing that exact thing with my cousins and nieces. How ironic. But I know every move in the book so there's no way any kid is going to try something I didn't already try when I was their age. So if the girls listen to me they will be very well prepared. They will grow up good respectable women by the time they get old enough to meet a good man that they want to marry.

I know that may sound crazy coming from a singer in a rock band, but I think its important. At least for the girls in my life that I care about. I will still never forget the time I told the Stallion that I was saving myself for my future wife and she laughed her ass off and thought it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. she still teases me about it now. But I still think its awesome when you meet a girl that you really like and she hasn’t slept with a hundred guys before you.

Spent some good quality time with the twin nieces who are now 10 years old showing them how to do their hair. We went to the salon and I bought them gloss and wax and gel and leave in conditioner and showed them how to use it to look like movie stars. My sisters were telling the nieces ‘listen to uncle Fishy. he spends more time on his hair than a girl so you're in good hands. He knows what he's talking about. they are only ten but I made them repeat the rules for me out loud. Rule number one: only brush your hair when its wet. If you brush it when its dry you will end up with big frizzy bushy hair. Rule number two: after you shampoo, don't use conditioner or you may end up with flat head. Rule number three: always use a leave-in conditioner or a gloss. Then comb through and style and leave it alone. Rule number four: use gel or wax or clay as a styling tool to shape and form. But don't use it all over your head or you will look like you have plastic hair. Just use it sparingly to give shape to certain areas. We spent hours in the bathroom playing with our hair together, each of them copying whatever I did to my own hair. What are uncles for? Good times.

Beav and I then took the girls to Borders to buy Lollie the new Train album that she wanted and right next to the Train section was a Transcendence section with a few of our Nothing is cohesive CDs in there. I lifted up a CD and showed the girls the back of the CD and asked ‘who’s that girls?’ ‘That's you uncle Fishy!’ they yelled. ‘Why yes it is. Look at that. what a surprise. How did they get me on there?’ I joked. I must say, that was a proud moment.

Last screening: meet Joe black with a brilliant brad pitt and Anthony Hopkins and a stunning Claire Folani. I loved this movie. Even more the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.