Friday, December 10, 2004

Dinner with Beka tonight, this activist girl I met down in Miami protesting the FTAA meetings last year. she is starting an art gallery that focuses on art for activism. Great idea. I have been so pleasantly surprised how much fuller my social calendar is here in New York after only living here for three months, when I had lived in Miami for three years. But I find that the city is so aligned with who I am and what I represent. So much going on here you can never be bored. so culturally and intellectually expanded. The city has its downsides, to be sure. But they will never outweigh the pluses. You immediately find yourself a New York snob, feeling almost subconsciously obligated to believe that if anyone or anything is happening outside of New York or L.A. then it really isn't worth knowing about. True? nah. But you still cannot help but feeling that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.