Thursday, January 06, 2005

What's the fucking deal with the way people pronounce cities and states in America? The people down in Texas call their city spelled Houston ‘huseton’ for some reason. And no one knows why. now we have a very famous street here in New York called Houston. Its in the village. Everybody knows it. and everybody knows its pronounced Houseton. Not Huseton. If you come to New York and you pronounce Houston street huseton they are going to look at you like you're from another planet. Its clearly spelled Houseton. But these people in Texas. What is that? and then I heard that in Oklahoma there's a city called Miami. why? who knows? but they pronounce it ‘Miama.’ Seriously. Why? who the fuck knows. and then there's Missouri. Some people pronounce it Missouri as its spelled and then others in the same damn state pronounce it ‘Missoura.’ Why? who the fuck knows. but the worst one of all is Arkansal. Now I know what you're thinking. there is no state in America called arkansal. O.k. fine. Then why the fuck do they call it arkansal if its spelled Arkansas? I mean, who were these fucking morons who came up with this crap? I think we should have a new constitutional amendment added, right along side that stupid banning of same sex marriage one. from now on, pronounce your fucking city or state the way its spelled or change the fucking spelling.

Reminds me of what they call ‘football’ here. How in gods name did these people invent a new sport, which is a great sport by the way, my favorite for sure, and then decide to give it the same name as an entirely different sport that already existed? football already exists. fine. Why the hell did they call their new sport football? Especially since it isn't even played with the feet. And then they have the nerve when they realize their blunder to rename the already existing sport ‘soccer.’ So the whole rest of the rest of the fucking free world is calling football football, but Americans are supposed to call it soccer and look like assholes to the rest of the world. And then when they say football they are referring to this new sport that's only played in America and doesn’t have anything to do the real football and isn't even played with the feet? We are a sad lot of rejects and outcasts sometimes.

One more thing. baseball. stop calling it ‘the world series’ when only American teams are playing in it. its not the world series; it’s the American series, or better put, the American finals or championships or something like that. you can imagine some baseball player telling someone, “man that was back when we won the world series...” “Holy shit man. You won the world series?! That's fucking great! Wow. Who were you playing? Manchester United? Brasil?” “Oh no man. we were playing Philadelphia...” “Philadelphia? What country is that in?” fucking crazy. America has a lot of growing up to do.

[and ps – Bloopy all of a sudden doesn’t want to be in the band now. if its not one thing its another. Always something. things are moving so fast at this point I can’t even think about things like that anymore. Guys are in or their not. You do your best to be a good mate. But you can’t take it personally. Even though you can’t help it. this shit fucking kills me. rips my heart open. We’re supposed to tour the northeast in Feb. and our agent emails the venues and dates to us and Bloopy says he doesn’t want to go. I love this kid like a brother. Seriously, like a little brother. So I'm crushed. I'm not even telling the other guys yet. But I'm thinking, ‘hold on, were going to take off and play a bunch of gigs all over the northeast for a few months to peeps who love us and get paid to do it, but you're going to sit in your bedroom at your moms house in Miami Beach and do what?’ sometimes you just have to let people go. Just have to keep moving on. But I'm sad for sure. Ripped up. But I'm just hoping it all works out for the best for everyone.]

The new U2 “hit?” on CNN there was a news piece down in the marquis that read “Rock group U2 released their new hit song, blah blah, today...” o.k. now lets get this straight. The song was released today. but is a hit song already? No better example of the bullshit propaganda machine in full swing.

Isn't it amazing how we sometimes form really close bonds with people who are not related to us, as if they were part of our family, and sometimes with those that we are directly related to, our biological family as it were, we may speak with very infrequently or almost never at all.

Current spin: The complete recordings of Skip James from 1930. Old old old blues. Killer. Amazing. wonderful.

Last screening: Life aquatic with Steve zisou. This is the new Wes Anderson film, the man who brought us Rushmore and the Royal tennenbaums. I had read some reviews and was quite concerned before attending. Seems that peeps either love it or hate it. see some reviews:

More like the life BLAHquatic!

Reviewed by khsdofwhyoeyrh 01/05/05
This movie is so tragically un-funny it makes an epsisode of Full House look like comedy gold. Bill Murray is at the end of his career when he signs up for drivel like this. I literally vomited with rage into my popcorn! There were a couple people actually laughing at the lame jokes so I decided to kick them in the head and walk out. This was the worst movie in my whole life and because of its terribleness I can no longer function and feel like I may just snap unless Star Wars is finally good. 
--------------------------
Great

Reviewed by hujadaddy 01/05/05
Anderson is a genius - I was worried that he had somehow slipped up when I read some of the reviews, but The Life Aquatic was, true to form, brilliant and beautiful. Andersen does tend to rely on his signature methods, but that doesn't mean they've stopped working.

Well I was not disappointed at all. in fact I would agree that it was one of the best movies I have seen in years. all of his signature style is there but improved on. All the brilliant use of subtle humor and color galore! Deadpan wit and sarcasm and out of the blue conversation. This movie had a tremendous impact on me I must say. The whole time I was watching it I felt as though I was receiving secret messages from the universe about our new little TV show project actually. Just was that important to me. I will go see it again in a week or so before it leaves theatres. Artists can learn a lot from this subtle masterpiece. That is, if you dig his style. If you don't, you're prob going to hate this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.