Saturday, February 05, 2005

Last night I dreamed that the TV show got picked up. this was a good dream.

Experimenting with two different brain food nutrients, Bacopa, and also Vinpocetine the last few days. I know I said no more smart pills, but I couldn’t help it. had been a while. I had spent a lot of time studying these two nutrients the last few weeks and couldn’t resist.

I found that the Bacopa made me calm but wired at the same time. I was very focused and was able to work straight for about six hours without stopping. Focus and concentration were clearer. Less multi-tasking. More aware of the tendency towards distraction and multi-tasking, which I think is a real time waster. You end up getting ten things started and no things actually completed. With this nutrient, I found that I was better able to stop this and stay clear and focused on what I was doing in each moment. but I did find it very hard to sleep last night. a slight agitation till at least 1 or 2 am. I will report more on the vinpocetine as the day progresses. Just had one so far.

Have decided to start experimenting with new exercise techniques that I have gathered from a few new theories that the last few years have been bubbling under the surface, new theories on exercise physiology that propose that long continuous repetitive exercise such as aerobic or cardio or multi-reps are not as good at fat burning or muscle building or strength building as originally thought. But that instead that this may cause the body to slow down the fat burning and strength building processes. There are two totally different camps with two totally different theories on this that are both saying very similar things. One is a doctor and one is a group of exercise physiologists. But both are discovering such similar data that I believe that they may be onto something that will revolutionize how we look at exercise and human fitness. The short story is this: to build strength and muscle and burn fat faster, do short duration very heavy load maximum capacity exercises and then rest and then do it again and then rest. And that's it. no more tread mill or running machine for a half hour, and no more ten to twelve reps of numerous exercises for one muscle group. just short bursts of max capacity full out assaults and then rest. No more fifteen to twenty minutes in a day and that's it. I will try this for a few weeks and check it out. experiment a bit with different approaches and see what happens.

Notice that because I am learning French presently that I hear French being spoken all around me a lot more frequently. That phenomenon similar to when you learn a new word that you’ve never heard before and then all of a sudden you hear it three times in a week. like ‘where the fuck did that word come from? did everyone just learn it yesterday?’

Today I was walking to the park and this guy approached me all hunched over with a cane and a big suitcase. He looked terribly sick and withered away. he had all these medical papers with him and kept trying to show them to me. he said he was trying to get to the UN youth hostile on 48th and needed a cab because it hurt him to walk and money to stay the night because he got kicked out of the hospital today. there he was just roaming the streets almost crying.... said he had aids and hepatitis. I told him it was alright and to cheer up.... My heart was in agony over his disposition and I hailed him a cab. I emptied my pocket and only had twelve dollars. Enough for the cab with maybe five bucks left over. So I gave him all of it. I walked away and realized that I was now officially trapped. That was all I had and all I will have till God knows when. I helped him put his suitcase in the trunk and patted his back. “feel good old man.” As I walked away I just started crying... I don't know if I was crying because I realized that I was now completely broke or because of his horrible situation... but I couldn’t help crying. I just can’t believe what people go through everyday all around us. the pain and misery in the world is unbearable sometimes.

Being a well known person, or at least having the appearance of a well-known person, is a strange thing to get used to. it is a big world that we live in and there are billions of people. New York is especially immune to famous people. so no matter who you are you can still get away with walking around just like anyone else for the most part. Unless you're jay leno or p diddy you figure... someone like that. But I've noticed that it does take some getting used to being someone who people feel a need to stare at all the time. you have to let it roll off. The worst part is when they approach you and ask you who you are and then you tell them and they tell you that they’ve heard of that person but can’t figure out who it is, but you are standing right in front of them... they're like “Fishy.... I've heard of him... who is he?” and I'm like “I'm Fishy.... its me.” and they're like, “no... no...  I've heard of him though... where have I heard that name before...” as if it isn't you but someone else... they recognize that they recognize you, and they recognize that they recognize your name, but they refuse to believe that you are that person because why the hell would you be just sitting in the park like everyone else... so I'm supposed to sit there with them and try to figure out who this person is... I always think to myself after one of these episodes ‘well, where should I be then? where do they expect you to be if not in the park on such a beautiful day?’ it’s a very strange thing. like being between worlds or something....

The weather here in New York is unbelievably beautiful today. a cool 40 degrees. Blue sky and sunny as all hell. Everyone is out and happy. Is there any place more perfect and wonderful than Manhattan? I think not. Not today at least.

I am almost to the point where I am accepting my real age. Not quite. But close... still in moderate resistance to it but its getting easier. I still claim on most days to be anywhere between five to ten years younger than I am depending on what I feel I can get away with. I cannot fathom entirely how old I have gotten in such short a time. Our grandparents were right when we were children... life does pass you by rather quickly. The grave is much closer than we realize. But I am becoming more accustomed to the idea as time passes I've noticed. I would guess that this is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.