Thursday, March 10, 2005

Went to an opening party of a new Brazilian art space and club. Free caipirinha all night so we we’re pretty wasted. Went with polar bear, a new friend, who is some kind of mad genius inventor/designer guy. incredible conversation. I love New York. walking around the city going from cool place to cool place. talking about fellini versus Bertolluci. Brian eno’s musical contribution versus his intellectual contribution.... And why pink Floyd shouldn’t be on my desert island list but the squarepushers should be. and does good art need a cohesive narrative-through-line... or can it exist on its own... of course I prefer the latter theory, seeing that I have never been able to master the art of good narrative through-lines. And when I have attempted it I have always failed miserably... at least if you are to believe the critics... I sat around Miami for three years hoping to have one fucking conversation like that and after a while thought there was something wrong with me because the town is so thoroughly devoid of intellect. But God did I try. Here in New York they are as commonplace as breathing in or out.... God I love New York.

Current spin: green day, American idiot. they're starting to grow up. dig it. this is the next generation of what post-punk can be. the fucking drumming is awesome. tres cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.