Sunday, April 17, 2005

In good news Juliet is about to take the Avatar course, which makes me very happy. another aligned companion to play with. My goal is have everyone I know, everyone in the world really, to discover it. Today was such a beautiful day. spring finally really here. the last few days being so dreadful and cold after spring teased for a few days. finally really poked its head out fully today. must have been 70. everyone in shorts and sandals as if it were summer. I must admit that was strange. I went out all day without my big coat. Talk about a reality shift. The winter coat is like armor. It takes getting used to it not being with you. what will I do with all my gadgets without pockets? Actually almost hot today though.

Started with brunch with the guys in union square, talking girls and money of course, sun shining down upon us and thousands of beautiful people wandering the sidewalks and cafes with bare shoulders and sunglasses and no cares in the world. then a little shopping. Then the cigar shop to have a smoke with the old rich guys. then to the four seasons hotel in midtown to enjoy their ‘afternoon tea’ ritual which consists of loose leaf tea, plenty of alcohol, little bite-size sandwiches, and cakes and pies and tarts galore. Ashleigh was up from Phili with her sister. Three hours in a giant ballroom sized dining room just the four of us discussing the meaning of life over tea and cake and these mini sandwiches, which no matter how many I ate I could not fill up on. But I did discover something ‘Devonshire cream’ which you spread on a scone... wow. Delicious. Couldn’t get enough of it. (if ‘which’ is ‘which’ then how can ‘sandwich’ be ‘sandwich’ without the ‘h?’ English is truly fucked. Just totally illogical.)

Current spin: les negresses vertes. Best of. An awesome French band that throws it all in. this guy I know from French class gave me a DVD with about 60 gigs worth of mp3s on it of French music. this was one of the many artists on that DVD which are all now randomly floating around in my ipod. Very creative stuff. all sorts of funky sounds. Dance oriented but still intelligent and catchy pop rock. Digging it right now. more than one listen. Don't know much about them but will look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.