Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Well its effing July already isn't it. that means the second half of the year has already kicked in. unbelievable.

How much have we accomplished? Remember all those new years resolutions? Man, have we done anything at all? time to kick it into overdrive.

Realization today about how much time is spent thinking about doing things but not doing them. how much time is spent planning things and wondering how to accomplish things rather than just sitting down to do them. I understand that as an artist, or better put, as someone with a more artistic manner and way of thinking and doing, that it is reasonably understandable that I would spend more time than the average person contemplating and pondering rather than just doing. it's to be expected. But sometimes it bothers me. there are some people who just do do do like machines and get so much done. Friends of mine have that view of me ironically. but I believe that i spend a little too much time in contemplation...

mostly I was thinking about those two screenplays I have been trying to finish that are on my new years resolution list. I hate fucking writing. just sitting here writing like that. a truly painful process. The TV show I feel like we are making good progress. The new album we are slowly making progress and The new album NOTHING IS COHESIVE is chugging along, slowly picking up more and more fans and sales. We haven't toured yet this year and still don't have a new agent though, so that sucks. I got through three semesters of French now and have a basic understanding of it. that's good. Still not sure when I will take the trip to live in France for a few months of immersion. Schedule is tight.


More time needs to be spent getting more done. Less social and more doing of things. two biggest current setbacks I have noticed: one, my ADD, hard for me to focus on one thing unless I take a sedative of some kind. fucked up but true. my mind is like a rat in a small cage, always going in a million miles an hour. half a Valium or something similar, and I'm smooth sailing. Two, other people are slow as shit and my work that they are doing is piling up so fast that they can never keep up with me and the tasks I assign. That sucks. Option is to hire more and more people but then you get into that situation where you are going broke paying such a large staff.

Have to find a way to curb these setbacks. God grant me the answers. Help me to achieve it all and more. I am fully aware of my position in life, how blessed I am, how lacking in real challenges. And I am as always grateful for it. Just saying. It would be nice if I woke up one day and didn't have these small but frustrating challenges.

Current spin: Shusha, Persian love songs and mystic chants. This is a very hard CD to come by. These songs are very old traditional songs from Iran. Beyond classics, beyond standards; more like traditional folkloric songs. It is more than interesting to listen to what other countries and peoples around the world consider classic or traditional...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.