Thursday, January 23, 2003


In the studio all day recording vocal tracks. Beautiful one and guilty. 

Now finished. This record is by far the most rewarding musical thing I have ever been a part of. Pure bliss. Sucking on vicodin literally like candy because of this broken rib which is all but healed now. and my vocals are better than they have ever been. Sometimes I think it is the vicodin. Man that would suck. I'm not saying I mind, but they aren't going to last forever. 

Later tonight I went to a lecture by famed Rabbi turned social activist Balfour Brickman, who recently penned new book “finding God in the Garden.” Couldn’t have been more apropos. He goes around stating that miracles don't exist, that the red sea never parted and therefore Passover is a mythic holiday so to speak, that Jesus never raised from the dead, that religion needs to merge with science or soon will be extinct but to a few. Great lecture. The guy was pretty cold, but his viewpoint is needed right now, especially seeing that he is a religious leader with a far reach in his community. I couldn’t believe my ears. Similar to Matthew Fox, the radical exiled catholic priest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.